Discuss which bit do you dislike in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

Driving, and also the almost £80 a week in fuel some weeks.

Packing all my hand tools into my tool box at the end of the day, and then finding my nippers under the tile waste nearly daily! My Dad always said "Adam, even hamsters learn from their mistakes!":mad2:

As said before, chipping my skull on the corner of an extractor hood is always fun.

Slicing my finger on a stanley blade, or the cut edge of a tile. Never the deepest cuts, but boy do they bleed! And its uncomfortable for a few days!

Kitchen splashbacks suck.

Windows are ok, but not when 99% of plasterers/dry liners (whomever is at fault) nearly always seem to make the walls either side of a window fall away. How it happens, I have no idea.

Someone said "grouting when you realise there are no gloves left" well I remember when I was an apprentice and this very thing happened. The guy I was working with then produced two sandwich bags and some gaffer tape :D

T

The D

i hate getting up in the morning!
loading the van!
driving to work!
getting my tools out!
talking to the customer!
moving the tiles!
setting up my tools!
setting the work out!
priming the walls/floors!
mixing the adhesive!
spreading the adhesive!
fixing the tiles!
marking the cuts!
cutting the cuts!
fixing the cuts!
mixing the grout!
spreading the grout!
washing off the grout!
polishing off!
cleaning my tools!
packing away my tools!
driving home!
but the thing i hate the most about tiling is plumbers!!!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i hate getting up in the morning!
loading the van!
driving to work!
getting my tools out!
talking to the customer!
moving the tiles!
setting up my tools!
setting the work out!
priming the walls/floors!
mixing the adhesive!
spreading the adhesive!
fixing the tiles!
marking the cuts!
cutting the cuts!
fixing the cuts!
mixing the grout!
spreading the grout!
washing off the grout!
polishing off!
cleaning my tools!
packing away my tools!
driving home!
but the thing i hate the most about tiling is plumbers!!!!

all of these+ know it all customers "you don't do it like that,you do it like this"

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

doing a kitchen splash back today and tiling round yet another socket it dawned on me that i really hate tiling round sockets.

so what part of the tiling profession do you dislike doing.

No disrespect to electricians in general, just to the ones who tighten plug sockets until the veins in their necks bulge. then the plaster/ plasterboard gives, and the cuts crack. All that work for nothing. Aarrrrrrrrg, also some plumbers, plasterers, and joiners, for reasons stated above.:mad2:

Apart from that I still enjoy my job:thumbsup:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
For me the worst is scraping off the wax/plastic thingymybobs on the 4 corners of the tiles, especially the ones that splinter into loads of pieces which go all over the place and into the joints. Then no matter how hard you try,there will always be one you miss,or bits of them stuck in the grout.
Why can't tile manufacturers make them with these stuck on the reverse side??????

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
For me the worst is scraping off the wax/plastic thingymybobs on the 4 corners of the tiles, especially the ones that splinter into loads of pieces which go all over the place and into the joints. Then no matter how hard you try,there will always be one you miss,or bits of them stuck in the grout.
Why can't tile manufacturers make them with these stuck on the reverse side??????

if i use large tiles with wax on i try and get it off b4 i fix them, very time consuming, and a right pain to do, ive had some that have been a nightmare to get off, you feel like ringing the manfactures up and asking them if there blooming wax machines working properly as it seems to have dumped its entire contents on my batch of tiles.

R

Rob Z

enjoy the tiling but dislike the business side, doing the paper work and chasing people for money is what i hate the most

Gary, I'm the same-I like the trade work, but HATE having to constantly worry about making money, running the business, covering the needs of my employees, etc, and at the same time try to not worry about the money and focus on doing it right on the job.

Reply to which bit do you dislike in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
which bit do you dislike
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.