Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Which Cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Strutter

Hi all, got a Rubi TS50 plus at the moment but i'm finding more and more that i'm getting jobs with tiles that are too large for it. My dilema is, do i go for the TS60+ or go mad and get the TX 700N?
Also, which wet cutter would you guys recommend? I have got one but it's looking very sorry for itself, and i'm thinking of renewing. Seen the Erbauer ERB180C from screwfix, any good or should the £45 price tag be ringing alarm bells?

andy-p

TF
Arms
mike .. i have a ts70+ and its a piece of sh*t , it was a total waste of money , i fit alot of large formats and this cutter really struggles , the rubi tx range are far too heavy and fiddly to use imo , really dont like em.. better going for a single rail type with a moveable breaker, like a sigma!! i have been looking for a new cutter as well and due to a review in this very forum i have just ordered the new rubi Ti-s 75 cutter , it only weighs 10.5 kg compared to the tx70's 22 kg... wet cutter?? get a plasplugs mastertiler, stick in a quality blade and your sorted..

Last edited:
E

enduro

Hi all, got a Rubi TS50 plus at the moment but i'm finding more and more that i'm getting jobs with tiles that are too large for it. My dilema is, do i go for the TS60+ or go mad and get the TX 700N?
Also, which wet cutter would you guys recommend? I have got one but it's looking very sorry for itself, and i'm thinking of renewing. Seen the Erbauer ERB180C from screwfix, any good or should the £45 price tag be ringing alarm bells?
Hi mike, i have a tx900 your very welcome to borrow if you get any really big tiles. :thumbsup:

M

Mike Strutter

mike .. i have a ts70+ and its a piece of sh*t , it was a total waste of money , i fit alot of large formats and this cutter really struggles , the rubi tx range are far too heavy and fiddly to use imo , really dont like em.. better going for a single rail type with a moveable breaker, like a sigma!! i have been looking for a new cutter as well and due to a review in this very forum i have just ordered the new rubi Ti-s 75 cutter , it only weighs 10.5 kg compared to the tx70's 22 kg... wet cutter?? get a plasplugs mastertiler, stick in a quality blade and your sorted..

Cheers mate, from what i'm reading in other threads on here that sounds like sound advice and i'll probably get the ti-66, and the plasplugs at a later date. I've got a wet cutter at the mo but it's taken some serious punishment lately. It's working fine but i've broken the blade guard off so i get soaked, and as i was cutting 20mm thick limestone last week the water and the dust make me look like i'd jumped into a vat of flour:lol: . I suppose i should try and replace the guard really, but any excuse to get a new toy eh?:grin:
----
Hi mike, i have a tx900 your very welcome to borrow if you get any really big tiles. :thumbsup:

Thanks enduro, that's really good of you mate:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

markfromrubi

Yes I Agree with Dave the Ti -66 or 75 -S cutter has 1000kg of breaking power compared to 750kg in the TS Plus. Do you prefer to score away from yourself or towards yourself because if you have used a Sigma then The TI-66 or 75-T is the cutter for you, It also has 1000kg of breaking power but is alot easier to use than a Sigma. RUBI has also launched an Electric Cutter called the ND 180 BL which had an RRP of about£70 to £80,

Good Luck

Mark

T

Turkish

Cheers mate, from what i'm reading in other threads on here that sounds like sound advice and i'll probably get the ti-66, and the plasplugs at a later date. I've got a wet cutter at the mo but it's taken some serious punishment lately. It's working fine but i've broken the blade guard off so i get soaked, and as i was cutting 20mm thick limestone last week the water and the dust make me look like i'd jumped into a vat of flour:lol: . I suppose i should try and replace the guard really, but any excuse to get a new toy eh?:grin:
----

Sorry mate, couldn`t help it! It just had me in stitches every time you used it!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Turkish

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 104

Reply to Which Cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
We've got some nice looking porcelain tiles, made by foshan viewgres. They're 600x400. My...
Replies
Views
B
Sold my last Rubi, TX1200 last month and purchased the Montolit Flashline Evo rail system that...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
E
Apologies if this is done to death already, but I've had a search and cant find anything...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which Cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%