Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss which cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

rubi or sigma etc etc....am i wrong in thinking the montolit cutters look like a good bet, im new to tiling and have no experience(got a diploma-who hasn't),so before i invest in gear,i want to make sure i get it right.i was thinking the masterpiuma 44 and 75 would make a good set.i like the single rail,the company seems well established and i know it shouldnt matter,but it looks good too...any one got one?

S

steve187

welcome to the forum there is always plenty of good avice on here from tradesmen that know their trade,

you have asked the age old question, on the forum there are the 'sigma' fans and the 'rubi fans, as well as others. use what ever you get on well with and have used in the past, look for someone selling their machines. there was a bargain of a tx cutter on here a few days ago. last year i bought a good tx1200 from here and haven't looked back.

in my option buy the size cutter as the jobs come in, the same goes for all tools, buy as required, other than the basic tools required for all jobs, trade tiler one of the sponsors on here do a quick delivery service.
I am a long time rubi man and the only advice i would give is that the 'ts' range is not suitable for all porcelain tiles.

I

Ian

Hello mate, I'm Rubi through a through but, if you are dead set on a single rail cutter, go for a sigma. A couple of the folk on here have had both the monty and sigma and say that the sigma is by far the superior cutter. Dave has tried both and swears that sigma is the best manual cutter he's ever used, I'm sure he'll comment on this thread later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

CHEERS BRI. NICE VAN. the single rail appeals for one reason and that is ,if one of the rubi rails accidently bends wont it be useless.i saw one on ebay ,and it might of been my wonkey eyes but rails looked bent.how do yours hold up!!!

Got 5 Rubi cutters, no bent rails. I love them all as if they were my children :lol: I haven't had any real issues with any of them, I can only recall one tile that wouldn't cut properly and the sigma I owned briefly, wouldn't cut it cleanly either. It's what ever you prefer at the end of the day, best thing to do is try them all and see how you get on.

B

bugs183

Your cutter is going to be one of the most used pieces of kit you will have, so if you can try out Rubis, and Sigmas then it's a good idea, see which ones you get on with.
I was trained on Rubis, and a TS40 is a fab little cutter for small ceramics. I bought a TS60+ when all the porcelain arrived and it was junk, the rails flexed and therefore didn't cut straight, and the breaking mechanism is very limited,i went onto Montolit 75 and that has never let me down, the gauge is really neat as you can set it and move it out the way for other cuts.
But i've not tried the TX range, so they could be great.
I'd recommend a monto, but the guys here are raving about sigmas, so they are worth a punt.

Reply to which cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%