Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss which cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
i cant really afford it ,but think a good base is essential,and will pay dividends in long run.cheap cutter is probably false economy.

Have a look around EBAY or online for a second hand TR-600. A great alrounder in my opinion. 2nd hand i think you'd grab one for £120.00. They were £240/50ish new.

Having said that if you have a CTD near you then they had loads of excess stock of this cutter due to the TX versions replacing them. I think CTD are selling new TR-600's for £119+VAT.The TR-600 is what i started out on. It's double rail but i think this adds more precision, and the multi point breaker and setup is excellent if you have repetative cuts you want to get knocked out quickly.
I moved on to the TX-700 recently, it's good but i'd much prefer my old TR-600.

AliGage

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
Lol. Just called my local CTD. The TR600 is no longer on offer but they are doing a Rubi Novi Pro 600 in its place for £120+VAT. Couldn't tell you what its like but its described as similar to the TX so similar to the TR also.

Here's CTD's Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/ctdtrade?refsrc=http://m.facebook.com/photo.php&refid=9&_rdr

Scroll through the timeline and you'll see it. There is a store in Norwich. Should be anyway that's where there distribution centre is i believe.

R

rich83

very true.i have read reviews.some good,some not ,although it probably is great value for money.thanks for help on issue.i havnt actually got tiling job for 2 mnth ,ill hopefully get confidence from that ,havnt tiled since college.for one reason or another...itch'n to get goin....bloody expensive game though.my bro,is doin electrics.i reckon he could fit all gear into his rucksack.provided he removed his teenage attitude from it first .

C

charlie1

Buying second hand would be a wise choice, seen a few new guys splash out on new gear then they find out they are not really suited to tiling, this situation makes me sad as some guys are changing career chasing the dream to try and provide for there family thinking spending thousands on expensive branded gear will makea substantial difference... Not true. If it was me starting up again, I'd be getting a big clinker or genesis 600 they both come in at around £100 and my choice of wet cutter would be a small plasplugs £30 one area I would not sacrifice though is levels but considering a set of decent stabiles won't set you back that much. As someone already suggested, buy tools as you need them. If your starting out as I understand, gain knowledge on here and turn it gradually in to experience... Good luck

R

rich83

thanks charlie.sound advice.luckily no family to support ,just brewery & bakery.i will deffinetly be a tiler.i really did enjoy doin it at college and it actually interests me. i had to travel to ipswich from norwich to attend college for two years(although i did start the year norwich beat ipswich 5-1,and then got promoted,so swings and round abouts.lol.) yep buy as you go,and itl all come good. cheers

Reply to which cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%