Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Which Dry and Wet Cutters for a Rookie in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Carr

I would go against the grain and get a sigma with a pull/drag motion, in my opinion they are leaps ahead of rubi for many reasons not least they've got the movable breaker, superior ruler, better angle cutting, side extensions for large format tiles, the technica range is really light and the drag motion allows you to look down on the scoring wheel to see exactly where you're lining up.

I started out with a Rubi which is fine for ceramics and those porcelain glazes with no balls, other than that a Sigma. Montolit are good but I prefer to see the scoring wheel for alignment, sometimes tough with a montolit.

Those new Husqvarna TC670 look quite promising at £129 - moving breaker :)

Screwfix do a little wet saw called a Rexon TC1150AL 4 ½" about £60, small blade but it goes like the clappers, with laser guide and all. Stick a norton ultimate blade in it for £35 from screxfix and it'll cut anything - and I mean anything.

B

BuyBrandTools

Hi everyone,

About to start out on my own and would like some advice on which Rubi dry cutter to invest in, and which wet cutter to go for (probably not Rubi as they are pricey :whatchutalkingabout, but will welcome the advice).

I would like the tools that will see me through most jobs/types of tiles etc.

Cheers

Rubi TS50/60+ would be an ideal choice for a first cutter, as they are both good all around cutters and would cover you for most jobs. As stated previously, when cutting large format porcelain tiles, it would be ideal to have a tx700 or 900N.

Most tilers have a few cutters in their armoury e.g. a TS30/40 for small bathrooms / splashbacks and medium cutter i.e. TS50/60+ for most jobs and others as when required i.e. the tx for porcelain etc.

Build up your collection over time as and when needed. If you would like any further info pm or give me a call.

Neil

D

Dave Carr

I think all tilers are going to have a slightly different opinion of what they like best; I've got a TS50 Plus, fine for ceramics - but I find the fixed breaker struggles with porcelain etc but that's my opinion. If you live in Nottingham I'll let you have for a fair price as I use something else now.

If they did the TS50 plus with a moveable breaker then it would be a far better beast, and if it had a decent ruler, angle thingy etc Especially when you can get one of those husky 670 for less which will cut more and I think use the same wheel as a rubi.

Just my humble opinion.

Reply to Which Dry and Wet Cutters for a Rookie in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which Dry and Wet Cutters for a Rookie
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%