Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss which rubi cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Green are normal, red are their Plus range, it has a higher breaking strength for the likes of tough porcelain. Tradetiler Rubi Manual Tile Cutters & Spares

You want a 700 to cater for 450's on a diamond, and large tiles straight even.

However if the budget doesn't stretch, get the biggest you can in the plus range.

(wait for the lads who use them to reply, when I last tiled a TS40 was fine for 90% of jobs believe it or not only a few years ago!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's the cutting length. A 50 is good for cutting 30cm tiles on a 45 degree angle (or diamond pattern), problem is these days tiles aren't just 30cm. It'd be a shame to limit the jobs somewhat just for the sake of a couple of hundred quid. A decent job would pay for the extra. I think it's been discussed quite a bit, and the lads will correct me if I'm wrong, the cutter good for all jobs would have about 650 to 700mm cutting length and would have a good breaker. Due to the weight, eventually get a smaller 40/50 perhaps for the smaller wall jobs. 100mm ceramics, 6x6 or 8x8's that you might still fix these days in kitchens/bathrooms.

You asked which covered the most tiles, a 700mm one will. So a Rubi TX700 (n? is there an n at the end of them or something these days?) I think I read earlier today in a similar thread. :)

Checkout some of the other threads in the tools forum mate. Loads like yours.

W

White Room

no i knew a few folk that were workin on jobs at same time as me and they all had rubi? what would you suggest?

I have rubi's and a sigma with the click clock breaker which cuts upto 530mm and found superb for my needs..........

The rubi is a ts 40, 60 which I hardly use now and TX700n which also works for me for the larger tiles, cutters are a personal choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Steve H

Hi Red K,

I was in your position a few months ago and I understand your predicament. I bought a Genesis Pro 60 whilst I was on course at NETT. This was fine until my first big job, a bathroom with 10mm thick 600x300mm porcelain. I invested in a TX 700N from Dave at Trade Tiler, it was perfect for those hard tiles, eating the porcelain up for breakfast! It is big though. I have since bought a TS 40 Plus and this has turned into a real workhorse, I think I use it daily, its limitations are its size and the fact that it isn't any good for cutting on the diagonal with the breaker being fixed at the top. My advice is buy the best that you can afford and you will not go wrong with quality tools, they will pay for themselves very quickly.
Good luck.

Steve

Reply to which rubi cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could get me any advice on which tile cutter to go for please 🤞...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which rubi cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%