Guest viewing is limited

Discuss which ufh do you recommend? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
ive given the web address and phone number to my mate, he's going to get on to the first thing tomorrow with his measurements. thanks. the adhesive seems cheap if you buy 30 + bags, he has 4 bathrooms to tile too! one more question tho chaps, does this floor need an expansion joint? its 42 ft at its longest, concrete floor, 600 x 600 porcelain tiles, thanks again

I think it's every 5 meters on floors. Not sure if it's just floors longer than 10. Wait for some of the pro's to advise on that before you do anything mate.

D

DHTiling

ive given the web address and phone number to my mate, he's going to get on to the first thing tomorrow with his measurements. thanks. the adhesive seems cheap if you buy 30 + bags, he has 4 bathrooms to tile too! one more question tho chaps, does this floor need an expansion joint? its 42 ft at its longest, concrete floor, 600 x 600 porcelain tiles, thanks again

Needs an expansion joint in the middle of that run..so about 6.5 mtrs..

M

Mike

It's not just the extra cost Mike, it's the speed with which the floor / room attains heat and the slowing down of the cool down rate too. For me, the performance is just as important as the running costs.
i fully understand and agree with you and as i previously said i recommended insulation boards to him and i will try again. the house is fully insulated tho, was built only 8 yrs ago to a high spec, including kingspan under the concrete, i know this as i mixed all the concrete with 2 mixers on the go (nearly killed me as the floor is about 200 m2):smilewinkgrin:

Reply to which ufh do you recommend? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which ufh do you recommend?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.