Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Which wet cutter is best. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

my 10m must be over 12 years old now and still going ok.
got the 9m as well and about same age .
trouble is now i tend to use the bigger dual overhead rail saws alimanta 85 and 120 most of the time .
and they are these aluminium saws are easier to use for large format stone. they certainly are not as well made as the sigma 9m and 10m though.

I know a few guys who use overhead rail cutter and nothing else now, a grinder works well to compliment these.
I seen is cutting 20mm marble slabs 2.3mx1.3m on a Raimondi rail cutter, awesome performance.

I

itstony

I use a Montolit DNA blade, still good and cuts brilliant.

I've replied to this topic many times on various posts, I even I get fed up with myself, so sure you do.
I listened to people and bought a Monolit to replace the original DW2400 blade and it was poor. First concern was the cut was not as clean. This was surprising as the build of the blade looked great.
Its performance got worse too quickly and was relegated to ceramics which it could cope with easier, but eventually put to rest.

I bought a new DW replacement and made direct comparisons and the DW came out way better. I have stuck with the DW blades and I can vouch they cut better, cleaner and last longer without any doubts.
I might add the Monolit was way over priced too.
I should add I cut hard porcelain mostly, so not a bad test for cutting requirements.
I reported the findings to the recommended supplier who was decent enough, but went quiet after explaining my results.
I recommend shopping around for the DW at £50 and save yourself a bunch of money. You will not get a better cleaner cut than the DW.

I

itstony

With respect , its only you saying that. I actually like the dewalt wheels too but too many people have said how good the Montolit wheel is to ignore it.

Absolutely! But this is a forum that relies on feedback, views, experiences opinions etc from us all.
I didn't just post an opinion or findings on a whim, I really did a good comparisn test. Why? because I was so disappointed and annoyed at paying way over double for a blade that was not as good as I was led to believe on here.

There is a factor with cutters, blades etc that affect findings and make views difficult and that is what we cut and how many.
I would assume the majority havent compared cutting porcelain with ceramics and never see the difference.

I can assure you the Monolit cut on porcelain was inferior from day one. I replaced with the old DW to confirm this.
The blade eventually wore out too quickly. I still have the Monolit which I never use now. I located a good supplier in Shrewsbury selling them for 50 pounds and posted that long ago and get two blades twice as good as one Monolit .... for my work.
That is my findings.
May I add I have zero investment in either make, just passed on my results and experience, which I hoped would help, even if it wasn't popular. Like I wrote, that's what forums are for I thought.

Reply to Which wet cutter is best. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
gamer1
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which wet cutter is best.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%