Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Which wet cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

L

larryplum

Sorry to post another which cutter question. I've read other posts but still can't decide.

My Plasplugs Master has finally died. Good bit of kit but could do with being more powerful and I don't like cutting mitres with the tile face down. We do bathroom floor and wall tiling, mainly in porcelain and ceramics but also moving into naturals. Tiles generally up to 600mm. Looking at the Rubi ND-200 table cutter or a rail cutter. My current manual cutters are the TX-700-N and a TS-40 Plus.

Rubi ND-200 - Good name and as the guide extends past the drop-bed, can cut mitres face-up on tiles up to 45cm wide (I think?). Have been told as they don't recirculate the water they make a bit of a mess when used indoors. Is this the case? Also the water tray is tricky to remove? Again - never tried one but local tile shop says this.

Otherwise I am looking at a rail cutter. Have never used one so don't know how they compare for ease of use etc. The Rubi ones seem very over-priced. What would you recommend that will do 600mm tiles? Want something solid and durable but lots seem to stop at about 580mm such as the Norton Clipper. They do seem to make bigger ones but can only see on the US site.

Any opinions / advice / alternatives much appreciated.

Cheers,

Larry

T

Time's Ran Out

Larryplum - You've mentioned a couple of wet cutters there that I've had a bit of practice on!

The Rubi 200 D - As you say a Good name - I bought my first and only wet cutter Rubi about 20 years ago and it was this machine. It lasted for all of 19years ( although I had to change blades) and it is the most expensive and best wet cutter I've ever owned. It did everything that I asked of it from slate,terracotta,through to porcelain and indeed I've still got 5 blades in stock should I ever get it restarted. For its price now a very good deal.

The Plasplug master - a handy little cutter for kitchen work!

Norton TT200 clipper - An exceptional machine for the price - again is doing everything I need up to 600mm

The best I've used is the DeWalt 2400 - see Tradetiler for special deal - this is undoubtably the best machine on the market today IMO.

Hope my input can be of service!:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

L

larryplum

Thanks Guys.

Not sure I'm looking to spend £500 at the moment. Was looking up to about £350 to cover the Rubi if I go for this one.

I agree the Dewalt looks the business but as we do a lot of work other than tiling, I can't really justify the investment.

John - Does the Norton do 600mm tiles or is it 580mm max as the specs seem to say? Also, once you have set up the machines, is the rail cutter easier to use / less flexible / trickier as far as nibbling and cutting irreguar shapes etc?

All nitty-gritty appreciated. Let's get technical!

T

Time's Ran Out

Larryplum - The Norton TT200B is the wet cutter I first mentioned and it has an enclosed water tank which apparently you can carry around. It is only around the £230 mark so should be within your budget.:thumbsup:
I looked at the Norton rail type cutter however it doesn't cut 600mm and the rails restrict the cutting line view.:thumbsdown:
I doubt if you can get the Rubi D200 for £350 and if you dont do enough to warrant getting the Dewalt 24000 the the Clipper is next IMO.

Question - Larry do you have any relations associated with Cluedo!:thumbsup:

John.

Reply to Which wet cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which wet cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%