Discuss white bal grout turning yellow in patches in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeff the tiler

I have had similar with a different colour and found out even though I followed the basic rule mix leave for 3 minutes mix again before use the reason it sometimes happen is that if you have used only part of the bag and not mixed the full bag certain elements that make up the grout may not be mixed in the right proportion. Some other tilers i have spoken to have experienced this especially it seems with Ultra for some reason, though personally like ultra products generally.

D

DHTiling

ask the customer what they have used to clean the tiles ( if they have ),cant see it being anything to do with the adhesive if you have used bucket adhesive a lot on here dont use it but i use it most of the time without any problems at,, all get in touch with bal technical and they should do a test on the adhesive for you

Grouting before the tubbed adhesive has set can result in the moisture trying to still escape through a now grouted joint and will stain grout.

As Pete said , due to using tubbed adhesive too thick. I have seen it a few times.

If it was the customer cleaning with bleach , then it would be uniform grout discolouration.

P

Perry

Grouting before the tubbed adhesive has set can result in the moisture trying to still escape through a now grouted joint and will stain grout.

As Pete said , due to using tubbed adhesive too thick. I have seen it a few times.

If it was the customer cleaning with bleach , then it would be uniform grout discolouration.
haven't seen anyone using tubbed adhesive for 25 years lol

Dave i come on here to try and help people,most of my posts get a stupid comment from you ,like you think i dont know what i am talking about ,i will tell you once more ,i have been doing this job for well over forty years ,i have fixed tiles with sand and cement before adhesive arrived i remember bal tad comming onto the market when i was a apprentice and bal is now one of the biggest adhesive companies if you dont use bucket adhesive that is fine but dont make out that it cant be used i have fixed many many mtrs of tiles using tubbed adhesive most days without problems,pjc have you not worked for twenty five years lol or not seen any other tilers in anywhere you use buying it? not everybody uses powder,back to the problem like i said Bal have a good tecnical dept

D

DHTiling

Dave i come on here to try and help people,most of my posts get a stupid comment from you ,like you think i dont know what i am talking about ,i will tell you once more ,i have been doing this job for well over forty years ,i have fixed tiles with sand and cement before adhesive arrived i remember bal tad comming onto the market when i was a apprentice and bal is now one of the biggest adhesive companies if you dont use bucket adhesive that is fine but dont make out that it cant be used i have fixed many many mtrs of tiles using tubbed adhesive most days without problems,pjc have you not worked for twenty five years lol or not seen any other tilers in anywhere you use buying it? not everybody uses powder,back to the problem like i said Bal have a good tecnical dept

Most of your posts , show me where. ? Tad OTT IMO

D

DHTiling

sorry Brian i am not having a go at anyone but i have mainly been tiling floors over the last 20 years but i used to get asked by several companies to have a look at their tiling problems with bal grout the most common problem was moisture coming out of the grout from behind due to thick adhesive or on top of glazed tiles so not drying before it was grouted Pete

Exactly what I was on about Pete but who are we to say anything else

Dave re read your posts ,you are not the only person on this forum that is a Tiler,everybody has there own adhesives which they use i dont use bal now but i mostly use ready mixed and have no problems asi have said and i dont come on here to say to others dont use this and dont use that, you are very strong in your opinions on here but im afraid you cant always be right,so stop spitting your dummy out when people say something,bucket adhesive if no good, wouldnt be on the market simple as that but that wasnt the question asked

D

DHTiling

I appreciate what you are saying brian, but i am not saying dispersion adhesive is no good , i said the same as pete that when it is used thicker than it should be and also when "tilers" grout to soon when using Bal wall grout (none modified) it does turn yellow or patchy in colour due to moisture behind said tiles that cannot disperse into the substrate or our through the joints ..

Just to add i am not pulling your info to say it is wrong , just simply adding to a thread my opinion , the thing is with forums is that what is wrote on your screen and read by the reader can be taken out of context in the way it was meant to come across..

Oh and yes i am opinionated some times and hold my hands up.. just call me passionate brian lol lol lol ...

So plz do not take offence..

Reply to white bal grout turning yellow in patches in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help. in June 18 we had some tiles fitted to the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Looking for some adhesive advice... DIY bathroom job, 600 x 600 porcelain tiles 26kg per sq...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi Guys, Newbie posting for the first time here, but have enjoyed reading all your helpful...
Replies
Views
Hello I have tiled a kitchen using marble arch grey metro tiles (the are more greenthan grey) iv...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB