Discuss White Grout gone blue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lukemac

I was very carefull when grouting this room as I once before had an issue with limestone drying darker in places. So since then I have been very aware off making sure I use a fresh sponge, clean bucket etc. The grout is now dry and Patchy and the blue does no clean of unless u scratch. It only seems to be on the surface. if scratch a couple mill down it is white. I used granfix flexi addhesive the grey one and was wondering if maybe I should use white, but I have been using this for the some time and never had this problem?

thanks again for any advice

K

kiwi Mark

I have had this problem before with Granfix and my supplier sent the grout away to get tested. I will be showing him this thread tommorrow. Tried new bucket, floats you name it ,was driving me mad. Also had same problem when using silicon on all joints it just goes black where the silicon seems to touch the grout,looks like its mouldy . It must be something in the grout this is not the first time Ive heard this.I used a dettox mould spray to get it off just spray on and leave . ps heard nothing back from granfix

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi mate...sorry for your problem...but it happened with me to. The same grout turned the same colour but as you say, just on the surface. I called granfix who said they had never had that problem. I was using blue coloured gloves so put it down to that but it happened again when I had no gloves on and also used a new bucket. I cured the problem by not using granfix white again!!! Another problem that I have, only with granfix is that when siliconing it really darkens the grout about 15mm each side if the joint, other grouts are fine. Surely it must be a manufacturer problem with the bluing of the grout....lets see the granfix reply.

Reply to White Grout gone blue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
White Grout gone blue
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.