Discuss White grout haze on black tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rolandk

Hi,
just finishing a job where some of the wall tiles I've used are black with black grout. Adjoining tiles are beige with white grout (yes I must be a glutton for punishment!). Despite being careful some white grout has got on the black tiles and grout. The black tiles are not glazed and quite porous so I can't get all the grout off! It's kind of in the pores of the tiles. Any suggestions for a cleaner please?

Thanks,

Roland

M

Marble Life Ltd

Hi,
just finishing a job where some of the wall tiles I've used are black with black grout. Adjoining tiles are beige with white grout (yes I must be a glutton for punishment!). Despite being careful some white grout has got on the black tiles and grout. The black tiles are not glazed and quite porous so I can't get all the grout off! It's kind of in the pores of the tiles. Any suggestions for a cleaner please?

Thanks,

Roland

You can use a grout haze remover provided the tiles are not calcium based natural stone in other words something like marble, travertine or limestone. You may find if the grout was modified (Flexible) you may need a Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover first to break down the polymers in the grout prior to using the haze remover. Very often I have found that Aqua Mix Grout Colorant works well in this situation when you change grout colors or pre masking with a good quality masking tape on the border then reverse the masking tape when changing grout colour. Fiddly but effective

Kev

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to White grout haze on black tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi ! I’m a homeowner without any tiles related knowledge. So recently i use this hard chemical...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
White grout haze on black tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.