Discuss White Porcelain large format - few questions about tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jlajla

Hi,

I've been hunting around for white porcelain tiles for my bathroom (just over 2 m2). and found this website, hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions.

I have seen some 'super white' ones at a very good price, so just thinking about the quality. I'll order a sample to check before I commit to a full order.

Can anyone recommend any other suppliers that have white porcelain tiles, preferably around lancs/north west (to save on delivery)?

Been reading a few posts about cleaning the wax and sealing. Can they be bought ready sealed? A tiler will be doing the job for me, so just wondering how much time would this add onto a job? I'm thinking I might prep the tiles myself?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pebbs

No, as I said before, I'm not a tiler. A tiler is doing the job for me so surely he can get a discount for me? He suggested being able to get a discount at a particular tile place (I'll be sure not to say the name!!!) when tiling another room, but I got the tiles from elsewhere...

/QUOTE]

For a whole 2m2....you want the tiler to get you a discount...one word and the word is Tightwad.:mad2:

Pebbs

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
No, as I said before, I'm not a tiler. A tiler is doing the job for me so surely he can get a discount for me? He suggested being able to get a discount at a particular tile place (I'll be sure not to say the name!!!) when tiling another room, but I got the tiles from elsewhere...

Thanks very much for all your help guys. :thumbsup:

hiya,i would imagine if he has an account with them then yes he would get maybe get some discount,i would try the price match as well

J

jlajla

For a whole 2m2....you want the tiler to get you a discount...one word and the word is Tightwad.:mad2:

Pebbs

Actually Plebbs, I was considering getting extra tiles for another room at the same time, so no, I'm not a tightwad. :dunce: Are you against being frugal or something? :rolleyes5:

Thanks Tile Magic, that's a great help. I'm actually popping round to Tile Giant tomorrow to have a look, but will prob order off your website now. Thanks again :)

Reply to White Porcelain large format - few questions about tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
White Porcelain large format - few questions about tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.