UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Who has tiles where tiles aren't commonly used??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

So shall I take this as a massive "yes we all do it" lol
I am very tempted to tile the entire ground floor in a matching tile but I'm only a young un at 24 (although I feel haggered) and its my first house and would love carpet between my toes too as iv never lived in a house with carpets
Haha just realised how deprived that seems
Plus what do you reckon it does to the resale value?, I'd hardly call it a selling point to the majority of people

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I love this layout on large floors.

China_Bluestone_French_Roman_Pattern_Tile_TM_010_manufacturer20101231949182.jpg

Should only add value if anything but not much. People can always not bother using the heating and put carpet down if they wish to travel back to the 80's. lol

M

MARBLE_TONY

Should add a wow factor to the house with the correct tile throughout the house but as been said UFH is a must.

Spent bit of my youth in Germany (around 16years ago) and most had tiled floor with UFH. I have to say there is nothing better than putting your bare feet on a heated floor in the morning beats carpet feel all day long. Was a bit of a shock to me when we moved back and smelly carpet in bathrooms etc the old man soon had it ripped out and imported the tiles and the bathroom from Germany and nothing like it was available in the UK I remember him asking the tiler what he wanted doing wih at the time to tiler was "new" what now is kind of the "norm" put the tiles from floor to sealing then the bath panel tiled etc

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've tiled living room floors in the past. Yes they can look aweome. It's a good way of adding a bit of wow to the room. Especially with UFH and the types of tile formats and materials you can get these days. But......

IMO i wouldn't. Not in my own home anyway. I would opt for a solid wood flooring. Although i have a real passion for tiling and tiles. You cannot beat the luxary and warm feeling of a solid oak floor underfoot. Better insulating properties obviously, and it's a bit more child friendly.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who has tiles where tiles aren't commonly used??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.