UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Who uses Social networking for work... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Facebook works well for me, got this amazing customer from the US :), and have built a reputation there as a mosaic artist that is useful. Also, I use my work photographs gallery on my professional page there as an easy update of workphotos linked to my website, which means keeping images up to date very easy. The new design I think will serve businesses even better, as it is more website/blog like. BUT, it does make a difference what you're focusing on there, and if you're seen behaving like you wouldn't like to be seen on tilersforums, that is effing and blinding and just going on about negative stuff, well, it would look bad for business, so being positive by and large is a must.
Use twitter and linked in, but have had no business from it, yet, even though it does remind me of some businesses here and there, so I suppose it must work the other way round.

U

user123

This might be an interesting new slant to it all, I'm on google+, initially with much enthusiasm, then with some disillusionment, but for the worlds most powerfuls search engine to include your google+ presence into peoples's search results.. hmm, ever more reason to be careful how you behave online, but could be very useful for marketing.. have a look at this:

Twitter Slams Google: Social Search Changes Are 'Bad for People'

S

Stewart

Use twitter loads and though I don't get work through it I have gained some great business contacts and discounts and shed loads of freebies. I'm just about to finish my Facebook page and have them all linked to my website to create more Internet traffic. Never thought I would do a facebook page, but when you think of the millions of people that use it and it's free, it has to be a no brainer, though it is reccomended to post on it regularly and have it set up properly, with G being a fine example.

Created on iPhone.....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've got a bunch of Facebook business pages, and I'm also currently running campaigns for a couple of them to the tune of £600 per month. It is what it is. It can get your brand discussed and get you hits to your main website and whatnot (that's the main aim from my point of view). I have an Amarok Facebook page with just under 3,000 'members' (people who have liked it) and it pays off well. Whenever I post anything, dozens like it, comment on it, and hundreds click on the links within it and normally end up on the Amarok forum.

I know a few people that do well out of it, but they never JUST use facebook, it is normally just part of their whole online presence and it's not always easy to say where the person first saw you but when speaking to them often they'll say 'yes I've seen your facebook page' so it must work out well for some.

Our TF page doesn't get much going on with it, but then I don't do anything with it either so it wouldn't. You need to keep on top of it like you do anything online-wise I guess.

I get some business through FB but I imagine it is quite different for most on here as you will be mainly looking to get fairly local business, unless of course you do swimming pools etc.
The advantage of FB is, as has been mentioned that people are on there a lot. So if you can have potential customers on there and you make sure you post up images of your latest jobs then it is relatively easy for them to check you out as they don't have to leave the FB to do it.
Another good thing is if you do a job and they're pleased then you could ask them to post a comment on your page. This will always look good as it is easy for people to check that it's genuine and not just your Mum posting :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who uses Social networking for work... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.