Discuss Who's working and who's not in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I was turning work away from the beginning of November onwards as it was manic this year. Luckily though some of the customers opted to wait until the new year for me to do their work so I've now got enough on for all of Jan and into Feb.

After that I have one of my builder contacts that has provisionally booked me for a couple of swimming pool changing rooms so fingers crossed.

H

Handyeire

Few small jobs plastering and tiling splashbacks in kitchen. Have 3 bigger jobs priced, one was to take bath out and install shower tray and shower, move toilet in bathroom and install a new shower tray and shower in ensuite. The job was more or less mine untill I sent them an email recommending IMO that they need to retile the whole bathroom. Reasons being tiles are at least 30yr old and there's going to be a large void that I can't replace with same tiles where bath and toilet is. In ensuite same again, they want me to put back same tiles I remove after installing a new modern shower tray. I think I've scared them away after suggesting this because I haven't heard from them again. TBH if they won't go with the new tiles I'm not going to do the job because its going to look a mess trying to patch in with older tiles and I don't want my name to it. Best to walk away from these jobs. Shame to because if im left alone to do this job, I'll leave one lovely shower room for them.

Reply to Who's working and who's not in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB