Discuss Why are we losing some of our most long standing and respected members in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Sorry if I am coming over ignorant here , but I am a bit lost as to why dave and Doug have left the forum of recent and other big posters in recent months.
I am not on here as much as many but I like to take part but maybe I am missing something.
for myself I can genuinely say that until I joined the forum maybe 5 years ago first time round I really did not have anyone else to turn to in my field because I do domestic work and paths do not cross.
but when I found this forum I was so pleased because I could share a problem and sometimes get an answer . Other times I could help a fellow professional out and this gave me great pleasure especially as I taught myself and my on site experience really did mean that I had learnt something.
Maybe i don't think I understand the politics of these forums but it is straight forward for me .
If I lost the key members that I relate to I would not be interested in carrying on myself in same forum.

J

jonnyc

Not sure why Doug has left to be honest, as for Dave well seeing as he has set up his own forum it was always on the cards.
WEll that's fair enough with dave.no reason why he should not set his own site up. But there seemed to be some ill feeling while ago which may have lead him to take the plunge.
To be honest I am certainly not In on any of what goes down and I am sure there is plenty so will leave it at that.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi jonny, i think many have noticed big changes in the forum since this fallout came about, some are good and some bad imo and i agree the forum doesnt run the same anymore thats not to say its not still a very useful site its just a different format setup imo than what we were used too

lifes too short in my eyes so i will still be using the forum and appreciate any hard work that goes on behind the scenes by the people involved who help run the place for us all to use. there is still loads of good tilers on here for info

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why are we losing some of our most long standing and respected members in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding the state of our shower recess, as well...
Replies
Views
I
Hello everyone, October 2, 2015, a date I will remember, is the day I joined the forum. like...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
wrighty, jobdone, whitebeam, vala, ph tiling, Adrian, JamieM, hutch, Andystiletiling...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB