Discuss why do you get the job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
if your quoting a new job, not a recommendation, and your quoting up againts 3 or 4 other tilers and you get the job, when starting do you ever ask the customer what swung the job your way.

i was quoting against 2 other tilers on the job i started today, so i ask the customer why he went with me.

tiler number 1.....didnt want to tile on the 45 kept trying to talk them into having tiled square, and didnt seem very capable.

tiler number 2.....he didn't get the job simply because he asked for a deposit, something i found quite interesting.

all the prices were coming in around the same, he went with me because i told him i would sort all the tiles, adhesive, grout and to just pay me when its finished and there happy.

so do you try and get feed back off your customers.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
The deposit thing surprises me, if they want double glazing then they have leave a deposit and I think there are guys on here that ask and get it.

surprised me to, but he was adement he was not parting with a penny till the job was done, kept going on about these cowboy builder programs, and was frightened someone would do a runner with his money.

Reply to why do you get the job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
why do you get the job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.