Discuss Why is it ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I did my bathroom last September and must admit it took some persuasion from my wife to take time off work to do it.

Now it's done I'm really pleased with it, cost a small fortune, 3 good holidays.

Once I got started I was really into it, and I didn't have to pack my tools up every night either :thumbsup: But it is about self-motivation to do work on your own home. I just treated it like a job for a customer and then gave my wife an invoice :lol:

I've had 3 customers round to look at it and got jobs from all visits so well worth it.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I can honestly say that i tiled our bathroom at home and it is probably the worst job i have ever done. Lippage, sort of brickbond, it was lashed up in a couple of days. The wife said to me i hope you don't do this rubbish for customers. It would be a contender for the show us your bad work on here.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
lol...same as my wife, got so fed up with me saying i'll do it, she booked it in me diary..

My problem was more about which tiles to have. We'd see some one week and then a new range would come in at another of my suppliers and we'd change our minds. Good thing is we both like the same things so that eliminated the arguing over colours styles sizes etc

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
My problem was more about which tiles to have. We'd see some one week and then a new range would come in at another of my suppliers and we'd change our minds. Good thing is we both like the same things so that eliminated the arguing over colours styles sizes etc

my problem was, i couldn't be a$$ed...:lol:

P

Peter

Definately hard to get the motivation, and all depends on how many half bags of adhesive you have in the garage.

Done my hall first, was a first class job with plenty of features and mosaics. Bathroom had quite a few travertine borders and boxed bath panel etc but didn't take too much care with lippage etc as I just wanted it done. Kitchen was cheapest end of line in the tile shop and basically stood at the back door and threw them on. Worse and worse, wouldn't dream of leaving a customer's house like that. :lol:

Trying to move house at the minute and keep telling myself that the next one will have plenty of 1200x600, Porcelenosa Woodtec and stone bathrooms, but realistically it'll probably be B&Q 12x12 if it ever gets done. Know a few tilers who just get other tilers in to do their houses to make sure they're done. :lol:

Suppose it's the same as any job. A mechanic will never service his car and an accountant couldn't tell you how much he has in the bank.

Reply to Why is it ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
This is the Plumbers Forums is now Plumbers Talk Discussion Thread As always; a simple ‘logo’...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB