Discuss why is it in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I've seen some 20yr + experienced *tilers do the silliest of things and when you try and tell them a better what then you can imagine the response so I just tend to let them be, after all, I have a lot of respect for these guys and certainly wouldn't try and make them look stupid but also, they have been making a living from tiling for a good while so really, that's all that matters.

M

Marksmithtiling

I was talking to a multitrader the other day,whom I used to work with a lot.He told me he had a new job with a new company fitting out hotels.As a multitrader he was tiling the bathrooms and telling me about a certain problem he was having. I told him how to very simply get over it. His face was a picture, he said to me " that's why you are a tiler ". To me it wasn't difficult, just the way I do it! He has even phoned me to thank me again and cant believe how simple it is. So some do take the tips !!

M

Mr Tiler

I was talking to a multitrader the other day,whom I used to work with a lot.He told me he had a new job with a new company fitting out hotels.As a multitrader he was tiling the bathrooms and telling me about a certain problem he was having. I told him how to very simply get over it. His face was a picture, he said to me " that's why you are a tiler ". To me it wasn't difficult, just the way I do it! He has even phoned me to thank me again and cant believe how simple it is. So some do take the tips !!

mark, whatever it is it is something I clearly need to know!!!!!!

Indeed every day is a school day. I always look at other tilers work. Set out etc to see their reasoning or was it just good/bad luck or chance. They say you learn from your mistakes but can't you learn from others mistakes too ;) I remember when I started out on my own I got called into a job to finish it after the original tiler got the boot. It wasn't great but not the worst I'd seen. He also wAs on a good day rate but wasn't putting in the hours. Anyway on Inspection of his work I noticed the way the trims had been mitred 3ways. Then I Sussed it was possible because of the type(shape ) of the trim. I learned that on that occasion regardless of the guys ability. Never disregard anything too quick......Every day is a school day :)

T

TJ Smiler

Naivety is often the reson for a tradespersons work to be sub-standard and not necessarily because he/she has low standards themselves...... but then you could argue that a lack of ability to learn, research or seek alternative methods or willingly receive advise from someone with less 'years' experience as a sign of low standards in itself.

Me personaly i think it is so important to keep an open mind to everything....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to why is it in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB