Discuss Why Tank in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

I always tank when given a choice for the reasons above.

HOWEVER, I bet 99% of the time it is bad workmanship that causes these wet areas to fail, I can usually tell a customer what has happened before I even look at the job. The "tiler" hasnt used silicone in the internal joints or the "tiler" has siliconed over grout in the internal joints. If proper movement joints/grouting was always used then there would be no need for tanking.

But as said above, for the very small cost of a tanking kit, tank all wet areas and THEN use the right materials and very importantly movement joints.

Thats my take on it anyway :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Why Tank in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Why Tank
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.