Discuss Why the price variance?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rc944

So research for 200x100 white and black metro tiles underway and whilst i can get them for around 12 per m2 on the internet and fleabay, bricks and mortar stores typically charge almost double!

Just wondering whether there is likely any material difference in quality?

Ive requested samples from the online places but i cant see why if there difference is marginal anyone would ever want to buy them at double the price no matter how good the customer service!

S

Spud

there are loads of good value tile outlets in hertfordshire, the price variation will be from someone who stocks the tile and buys them in pallets at a time and someone who buys through a distributor and then sells them on to you, they have to buy them at trade prices and then put their profit margin on, dont take it personally its just business and with the internet many consumers have unrealistic expectations of small local retailers

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why the price variance?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
R
Wanted to put up a post about tiling with natural stone, most of us on here use a lot of it and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 54066
D
R
I'm sorry to start off like that, especially as they are one of the sponsors of this forum, but...
Replies
Views
rachwag
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Why the price variance?!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.