Discuss Win a house. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
There was a raffle for a £1m place down here - £25 a ticket and 58,000 tickets to be sold. If they all didnt go, the cash pot (less a big admin fee) was given away...it ended up as a big scam - as are many that have been done in a similar way. It ended up in the press and some local tiler got his name in the local paper for blowing the whistle. I even had the Daily Mail call and take pictures of me, but the story never went nationwide (would have been a good bit of advertising!)

This is slightly different and may well be genuine... but all I would say is beware - can you afford just to throw away £250? If so, let me know and I will pm my address to you!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The domain name was purchased in July 2010, and last updated on 14th December (probably the launch date) so there's still plenty of time.

The website doesn't tell you much about the house though and I'd have thought it would to entice people to the website.

Just visiting for adverts wont work now the pixel website already did that.

T

tfs

After reading it appears they have nothing to loose, thay havent commited to giving the house away untill they sell a fair wack of the pixels (by which time they will be rolling in it) or mention anything about donating money if they dont meet there target so at the minute its just an idea I would say. I think they will deffo need some good press coverage to stand a chance to pull it off!

Reply to Win a house. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Win a house.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.