Discuss Wordpress website getting spammed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Ok , i have looked and looked and i cannot see anywhere to stop these comments.. every comment is in places i cannot see how they did it.. comments for all pages etc are turned off , i have no albums , just a gallery and comments are turned off for gallery but still spam is getting to post somewhere but i cannot see how they are doing it.

I have no readers Dan and no option to see any registrations. ???

D

DHTiling

Ta.. i have looked and looked and cannot see how or where they are posting too.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Mate, you have this as a comment....

Hi Dan,You can remove the cotmmnes in two ways:1. Method OneOpen the index.php file located in the root folder of the theme(you can also use the editor in the wordpress admin area, under Appearance > Editor, file is named “Main Index Template .On line 27, where this shows: get_template_part( loop’, home’ );. Change to get_template_part( loop’, index’ );2. Method TwoOpen file loop-home.php in the root folder of the theme (you can aslo use the editor in the wordpress admin area)On line 48 where this is displayed: , change to . Now on line 62 thru line 65, you will remove all these lines. So where this displays: ID); ?>Hope this helps

How did they know I was going to login and take a look? Have you asked somebody about it or something?

p.s. - You only have three comments by the looks of it.

D

DHTiling

I did see that and NO not discussed it with anyone except this thread.. that comment has an Oz email addy..?

- - - Updated - - -

And the comment I quoted above was left on this page: Slide 1 1 ? David Howe Tiling | Tiler in Durham

Which you can comment on even when not logged in as admin if you fill in all the details.

So we need to turn those off.

Ye i know but how..? :lol: not all of those pics you can comment on , just the ones steve did.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay lads, here's how you sort it.

In Settings > Discussion check the box that says "Users must be registered and logged in to comment"
Then Settings > General UNcheck the box that says "anyone can register".

Users then can't submit a comment unless logged in, and can't register to login in the first place.

Not sure what that spammy instructional post is I quote they're going about it a weird way. And clearly must be watching this forum thread too or something stalkerish like that.

D

DHTiling

You posted this thread 6 hours ago, so about 1pm. And that comment came in at 2:29pm or something like that.

ah ok.. we were being stalked then :lol:

I just looked, seems you have sorted the settings you wrote above..

You a goodn ..:):):):)

- - - Updated - - -

Mate you're the only one with that posting issue on the forum by the looks of it! What's going on there dude? Try a different browser for an hour or something.

I know, it's doing my nut in...

Reply to Wordpress website getting spammed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
Google Adwords are running an offer at the moment and are giving away £75's worth of free...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
C
Here's a little one we did earlier this year. All designed, supplied and installed by us. This...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
P
Hello mate.......I was back on the job for Dorritt today........ I got there about 8.00 and...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB