Discuss Work load in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alphadock

Trying to get a more overall view as to what people think is going to happen in the near future within the construction industry. Currently we, personally, are 'booming' and have as much work, if not more, than before the so called 'reccession'.
Have people elsewhere (I'm based in the south) found themselves become extremely busy over the last couple of months? I'm quite anxious as to whats going to happen next year, I can see it either carrying on like it is this year (24/7 work and turning more away everyday) or suddenly going quite, a repeat of a few years ago.
Opinions/personal situations are greatly appreciated.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi alpha,really still not sure

i had a great 1st 6 months...then trades was very quiet
a recent surge in quoting and lots of work however prices seem to have collapsed and most of my enquiris that were not refferal based have gone to cheaper quotes

i did read today however that house prices here in scotland are making a recovery....just need to start selling them then hey:smilewinkgrin:

O

One Day

Ultimately I see the global financial system crashing within the next 24 months. Where that will take us is anyone's guess...
(i'm a realist - not a pessimist, and you DID ask!)

For now though, I've never been busier in the grim north. I'll keep earning while it's there.
Although I have to say it's the cash-rich who are spending in the top end of the market.

The MEW brigade with their four bed detached barratt houses and lease-hire BMWs aren't spending anymore.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
hi alphadock and welcome to the forum, where abouts down south are you, and what kind of work do you do, just tiling? site work? domestic work?, im from down south to, and after a quite jan and feb ive been flat out till about 3 weeks ago, and its gone dead again, ive got a few bits and pieces on, all from recommendations, but new work is far and few between, and customers want cheap not quality, i'll keep ticking over and paying the bills, but.....for now its not looking to good.

A

Alphadock

Andy Allen, Your location says Gloucester? We're based about 15miles from Brighton. We are mostly a stone company but do work with all tile types. We also fabricate and fit marble slabs and are linked to another company that fabricates and installs granite worktops etc.
Our client base is mostly high end, so this maybe the reason why we haven't struggled too much. The big developers seem to have started building again which is adding to our work load.
Where abouts are you?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Work load in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
T
hi i have been tiling for a good 4 years now but not to my full potential i have built up a...
Replies
Views
terrycoe1
T
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
Last week I received an e-mail from what I thought was a customer wanted their kitchen tiled,I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Work load
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.