Discuss Work trousers with inserts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I resisted the temptation of shelling out for an expensive pair of Snickers trousers for a long time & I eventually bought a pair & they are the best trousers I have owned.
The knee pads will not move, I can drop to my knees (Michael Jackson esq) without a bit of bother.
I use the snickers knee pads & they are designed to be held into the inserts securely.
Well done on the weight loss..

C

charlie1

well done with weight loss

it depends how much you are on your knees . i live on mine doing mainly commercial floors
my last buy was the snickers with kevlar knee pads and covering over knee area , almost £100 lasted 4 month , not worth the money imo

I have these too, very heavy trousers once covered in adhesive. I mainly wear jogging bottoms when tiling 1-2 days per week, just find getting round in a bathroom easier wearing these.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Snickers are the best!
But how long do any stay clean and at what price?
I try to turn up clean and change into work clothes and find a paid of George jeans at £5 last a month from 1st wear to standing on their own!
Last offering was a £1.99 pair from British Heart foundation.

Do you strip off in a customers house tj..? Lol

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Well done on the weight loss dave, what's your secret? Since I quit smoking I must of put 2 stone on and all my cloths have shrunk. .lol
Thanks everyone :hurray: ,Andy all i have done is change my eating habits to a more natural stuff Fish ,veg, no processed foods, And smaller portions three meals a day that sort of stuff ,no takeaways, and plenty of walking the dog ,feeling much better in every way now,

I'v tried quite a few types, Dewalt scruffs ect, but they wearout in a matter weeks (days for the dewalt ones) then i got the snickers floor layer trousers with their floor layer knee pad, without a doubt these are the best out the lot, and out last the others by far. If you get them from snickers direct they do a offer of 2 pairs with kneepads, belt, an a tee shirt for about £140 +vat

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I've been wearing Dewalt ones for the past couple of years, pretty sturdy and no problem with the knee pad inserts. The nail pockets are ideal for spacers etc. I think they were about £40 via Amazon last time a renewed them.

Congrats on the lifestyle change and weightloss

I have found dewalt to be the best, better than snickers and the rest.
I've tried them all as the wife sells em and when a new pair come int shop I get hold of em :)

Q

Qwerty

Helly hansen workwear , exspensive but will outlast most competitors !

I have just purchased two pairs of the Helly Hansen "Chelsea" trousers. They are amazing and so well made. After a couple of years my Caterpillar trade trousers started having thread come out of the seams. Only disadvantage with the HH trousers is you have to use their own slim knee pads, but I do find my redbacks quite bulky at times anyway

Reply to Work trousers with inserts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Is this tiling job acceptable? I had 2 bathrooms replaced in my house and have had problems...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB