UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss work wanted. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

hello all.i know this is a long shot but thought i`d ask if there were any tilers in the bristol area who needed help.i did a tiling course last year and have done 9 kitchens/bathrooms since then.i`m far from an experienced tiler and am still slow,but i`m not a total novice either.i`m conscientious and have a lot of pride in my work.if you check out my posts there are some examples of some of what i`ve done.i wouldn`t expect to earn much and am realy just looking for a chance.i`ve unexpectantly had an opportunity of voluntary redundancy from my main job and if i could find someone to take me on i`d be over the moon.as i said,i know it`s a long shot as things seem slow for many at the moment but nothing ventured nothing gained! thanks dave.

U

user123

Dave, for starting up your business when you are ready - do you have good photos of work you have done and are truly happy with? If your friends don't mind, maybe you could write an article about your honest but positive experience how it is to change your life round after redundancy, that sort of thing, and include photos of you and your work and your frineds looking happy about it, three pleasing photos is usually good and sufficient.

Then you ring the editor of your local daily newspaper and tell them you have written a press release (that's the term you need to use) and ask if they are interested to look at it. They will ask for it by email,make sure you get the correct email address to the right editor dealing with just those items. More often than not they are very happy, saves them writing something. Headline it something like 'local man's fight against redundancy' that sort of thing, and make sure your contact details are there. The phone may or may not start ringing immediately, but it gets you over the hurdle of 'going out there' and if you have a friend on there, too, it means double the chance of someone knowing them or you. And it won't cost you a bean.

Also good to keep some copies of the paper with the article to show to your customers in future, they will feel reassured who you are. Good luck :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to work wanted. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
F
My average job is a week or two long then onto the next one. But currently I’ve been on the same...
Replies
Views
J
I've been working with a property developer & an architect which I thought was going well. I did...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
O
Having been fortunate enough to work alongside @GaryTheTiler and @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.