Discuss Work , work , work and more work. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I advertise in the local paper, , word of mouth , yellow pages , but my main contact closed his tile shop I used to get a lot of my work through him , but to be honest its not been busy around here for the last few years

Have you thought about working further afield...? Or maybe diversfying into bathroom fitting as well .

I remember the times when at this time of year you had to work eight days a week , but I think now people are a bit tighter with there money and how they spend it, well they are around here anyway , then you have the ones that do every trade in the book:sofahide:, where I come from a tiler was a tiler, not a plumber or a decoator , I as lso think if everyone stuck to there own trade there would be plenty work for everyone

Aye you have a point there Dave , I just think its a shame really that we are not able to stick to our own, but like you say times are changing whether its for the better, well me I dont think it is , too many people making a mess of other trades jobs and getting our trade a bad name, but as I say thats just my opinion, now waiting for the onslaught lol:sofahide:

T

Time's Ran Out

That's what the forum is about - opinions!
I just tile, but I've worked for some bathroom fitters who do the whole job, and indeed project managed the compete job, and I understand why customers want 1 man to do the job.
The way some bathrooms are left for us to tile is nothing short of disgraceful!
Job we're on a present is a wet room, so why would they emulsion the walls! I wouldn't say the plastering was bad but he was paid off yesterday!! There's no lights in any of the rooms and the tiles are rectified.
Some people couldn't organise a piste up in a brewery.

Reply to Work , work , work and more work. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I posted on here before asking for work when I first arrived in Sydney as I'm on a WHV...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB