Discuss work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

timeless john im looking for work no a pep talk,my post is looking for work

SGD - At my age it's differcult to keep a concerntration level for any length of time, and as usual I got embroiled in the later posts which I felt were providing you with a rather negative viewpoint as to the state of our industry.
There is work out there however I realise that for the newer/less experienced tilers these must be testing times.
I have in previous threads contributed a number of suggestions for obtaining work and I try to remain positive in my replies when advice is sought.
The best advice I feel any member should take is to use this forum to its maximum, and to use the immortal words (altered to ft the current theme) of JFK - Don't ask what this forum can do for you, make this forum work for you.
It gives you a platform to show your work, provides you with all the technical knowledge you will require, and allows you to communicate with the trade you are involved in.
Fill your profile albums and show all your customers that you are part of the biggest and best TILERS FORUM on the internet.
Enjoy your trade and the work will look after itself.
AMEN.:smilewinkgrin:

C

Colour Republic

with respect colour republic,i dont have attitude problem,been member 4over 2 yrs,tiling 14yrs self employed,so i thought timeless johns post was rather patronising,dont have a problem just looking for work

SGD - I know how long you've been a member as I checked through all your posts before I commented above.

There is a pattern were you have appealed for work over that time. I understand times are lean for some but there must be something you can do to improve your situation. The advice above can be ignored or actioned, it's up to you.

You have also made a few posts calling out other companies on public forum for 'ripping' you off. Now I don't know who you are or what your work is like, I also don't know who these companies are so by default I have no idea if you or these companies are in the wrong. Maybe you are in the wrong who knows?? Why would someone employ a tiler that if all doesn't go well is likely to bad mouth them in public???

Reply to work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
work
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.