Discuss Working on a job where other trades are present in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Im currently working in a house, ripping out an old shower room that was badly damaged by a leak caused by previous bad workmanship (not mine!). Its a big job, and has opened up a few other jobs in the same house :thumbsup:

The owner has decided that whilst I am in, he will also get other tradesmen in as well. Now this is where I blame myself........ the rotten old wooden casement window in the shower room was long overdue replacement before I re-tiled and this fact was pointed out.

Here is where the trouble started........ last week I found that all of my materials (that were being stored in an unused room) had been totally smothered by UPVC window frames and glass units. I then found that 2 sheets of plasterboard had been used to dry-line the downstairs cloakroom (another job I had been booked in for) which had been done by the clients mate.

I turned up for work this morning to find a local builder was fitting the UPVC windows, and had been using MY tools! I nearly clobered him one :incazzato:. My Makita drill was missing for an hour (found hiding under dust sheets), my tool tote bag was full of UPVC shavings and two lengths of 2x4 were missing.

Its not just this, I also HAD to help put in a large window as I needed the builder out of my way. Client also had the cheek to ask if I would be finished earlier than I first stated as he is fed up with disruption in the house!!!!

Seriously thinking about cutting my losses and not returning :thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

I'm on a site new build at minute and joiners, plumbers, sparks, builder etc all tripping over everything.To top that too the digger in back garden digging out founds for a conservatory,lol.
Joe lend me a level, joe have you a flat head screwdriver etc etc,lol.
I keep good grip on everything.
But today i was tiling kitchen floor and one of the joiners tool bags was in store room entrance so i lifted out a nice sharp chisel to scrape a bit of screed that i didn't like look of, LOL.

C

CJ CERAMICS

recently worked on a bathroom in a house which also had other trades in one of which was a plumber. one day i was at my suppliers ordering some tiles with another customer as the house was to be full of tradesmen in the morning and all i had left to do was clean down and silicone the internals and around the bath so i was planning on going in the afternoon, around 10.30 my phone rang it was the plumber who had got my number from the customer, Hi chris sorry he said but can i use some of your silicone as i have ran out and only need to run a bead on the inside of the new shower door, no problem i said just make sure that you cap it when you have done. Arrived at the customers house to find that the plumber had used my silicone as asked BUT had then taken the stuff with him when he left......Cheeky beggar phoned him up and made him drive back with it.

Reply to Working on a job where other trades are present in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Working on a job where other trades are present
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.