Discuss Working on a job where other trades are present in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I dont blame you! You are welcome to my girl friend but dont ever touch my tools!

That is really out of order, I would get all my tools off site and tell the customer that I will return when every1 else is done and out.

P.S Is that a VTR your sat on in your profile pic?

looks like a V.T.R to me to.........nice bikes.

S

SandyFloor

I don't mind if someone uses a hammer or something similar of mine which happens to be in the area and it's only for a minute or two. But if it's tools they know they'll be using anyway that's out of order. Mostly if I know someone else will be working there I'll remove the temptation. As far as your materials going that's taking taking the p.

A few years ago I was on a large job building a showroom and I had my own fairly new folding ladder (worth over £200). One Monday morning I arrived in to find a couple of their factory staff had been in over the weekend to spray paint the wall and used my ladder for the higher access and got my otherwise clean ladder completely caked in overspray which wouldn't come off and is still on them today. I went completely ape over it and the general attitude was I was being petty as it was 'just a ladder' and that's what ladders are for. I'm glad to hear you guys have the same attitude I have.

R

Rob Z

I'm on a site new build at minute and joiners, plumbers, sparks, builder etc all tripping over everything.To top that too the digger in back garden digging out founds for a conservatory,lol.
Joe lend me a level, joe have you a flat head screwdriver etc etc,lol.
I keep good grip on everything.
But today i was tiling kitchen floor and one of the joiners tool bags was in store room entrance so i lifted out a nice sharp chisel to scrape a bit of screed that i didn't like look of, LOL.

I love it! hahahahahaha !

R

Rob Z

do they not use puntuation marks down under jay? i can't make sense of that post :lol:

Mike, think like an Aussie, and you're be able to read everything they write. The Aussies write the way they talk, and punctuation occurs naturally with a swig of beer.

For example:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jay
something you will never get use to SWIG :8: recommend you take tools home with you or something will get nicked SWIG :8:welcome to the real world SWIG:8:

:lol:

C

cornish_crofter

I've been there as well.

Hugo, can we borrow your drill, extension lead, chisel, hammer etc?

I did borrow a hole cutter of another guy as well with his permission.

To be fair only one tool was used without my permission on that job. I can't remember what it was, but I remember spending a day away as the other builders hadn't caught up with me and were delaying me. When I came back I had to ask the customer if he'd seen it. "Yes, Hugo I think Keith was using it yesterday" I wouldn't have minded if he'd put it back, I had spent the first half and hour looking for the bleddy thing.

On the subject of materials being used. The customer free issued some of his own materials and I supplied the rest. Because I had to repair a concrete floor to put a wetroom former down I had bought with me 3 bags of 20mm to dust. I had used about 1 and a half, and was going to charge the customer for exactly that. However towards the end of the job I thought I'd better take the rest out of the way I couldn't find it, and subsequently found out it had been used outside by the other builders. I simply charged the customer for the whole lot.

Reply to Working on a job where other trades are present in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Working on a job where other trades are present
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.