Discuss workshop/shed ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I'm part way through building a garden office. The doors and windows arrived this week, cedar cladding starting this week coming.

This is built from Sips panels. I designed it and had a small firm in Lincolnshire (MyDen garden buildings) construct the panels and deliver the building to us.

It's a fantastic construction system and so far we've built everything ourselves but I'm now struggling to run the business as we're so busy and build this at the same time, so we're getting some help in this week.

P1080581_zps27798272.jpg

P1080790_zpsb9f15f8a.jpg

P1080786_zpse89163e8.jpg

P1080778_zps706c19d3.jpg

P1080801_zpsa380cf5f.jpg

P1100019_zps59570a80.jpg

P1100020_zps61b3c4c7.jpg

P1100021_zps8a1470d0.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Wow great building !! really like that mate, please keep us posted with the progress pictures :thumbsup:

Will do, the cladding is the big thing visually. A carpenter/builder friend of ours is coming in on Thursday and Friday to help get us finished externally.

We then have electrics to do, line the inside walls and ceiling, decorate, fit some flooring, fit some cabinets and racking and all the desks.

Plus I bought a pair of Alfa Romeo GTV seats and chair bases on eBay to make into office chairs. So we have a little way to go yet but hopefully finished in September at some point.

C

Concrete guy

so the window and doors are all UPVC double glazed ?, looking at your tool table, you have used lots of sealer as well, keep the spiders out !! lol.... thanks for sharing !!

Yes all UPVC doubled glazing.

The SIPS panels are bonded together with gripfill, expanding adhesive as well as screwed (that's the Soudal canister you can see on the table) it's odd stuff, it's like expanding foam but it's an adhesive/gap filler. (Maybe that's all expanding foam is?)

C

Concrete guy

This is them:-

http://www.simplysips.co.uk/

When I say them, it's a one man firm with help from his son, the guy is called Simeon and is very helpful.

We shopped around but found Simeon the most accommodating and the price was reasonable when we compared to building everything ourselves in tradition timber stud, insulation and lining. It was also a very rapid construction system.

Our building could be assembled in two days from flat pack, with the roof membrane installed on Day 3 if everything is nice and dry.

C

Concrete guy

It's an office, the business is paying for it. It makes financial sense as much of what we do can be done from a home office. The administration at least.

In the long run it means we save a lot of money on commercial premises, business rates and all the other associated expenses that come along with these things.

So the savings we make means we can sell our products a little bit cheaper than the next guy which provides value for money to the end user and a decent business for us.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
It's an office, the business is paying for it. It makes financial sense as much of what we do can be done from a home office. The administration at least.

In the long run it means we save a lot of money on commercial premises, business rates and all the other associated expenses that come along with these things.

So the savings we make means we can sell our products a little bit cheaper than the next guy which provides value for money to the end user and a decent business for us.

In other words........you don't have to get up soo early, and you can wobble back inside to watch crap TV.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to workshop/shed ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB