Discuss Worldpay vs iZettle Pay & Go in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Well, as I've mentioned, iZettle have now launched a new chip & pin card reader yesterday as well as their existing chip & sign reader.

iZettle Chip & Pin Reader:
http://youtu.be/Wsec9D2lbWg

Worldpay Chip & Pin Reader:
http://youtu.be/2SS9mrdE5sk

They both have there pro's & cons so thought I'd put them all up here for anyone thinking of going down the route of easy card payments. Both have no rental fees & can be registered with a personal bank account, even for a business. Both require credit checks for a business account. iZettle also has a personal account that is checked by your Facebook page & doesn't do a credit check.

I decided to get both readers while they were on offer.

Worldpay:

Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard & Maestro only.
Amounts accepted: Up to £25k per year capped. Upgrade after.
Amounts per card/transaction: £5k Default (Can be raised after account review).
Cleared: In bank account within 4 banking days.
Charge: 2.95% Credit, 75p Debit
Cost of unit: £59.99 (Introductory offer of £29.99 has finished)

iZettle: (Business)

Cards Accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, V Pay & Electron (Diners accepted via chip & sign reader)
Amounts accepted: Up to £25k per day! No cap.
Amounts per card/transaction: £10k per card & transaction.
Cleared: In bank account within 7 banking days.
Charge: 2.75% for all supported cards.
Cost of unit: £58.80 (Introductory offer. No date when it will end)

Also available is the Chip & Sign reader for both Business & Personal account. Figures above does not relate to the chip & sign reader. Please see https://www.izettle.com/gb for more info.

iZettle Chip & Sign Reader:
http://youtu.be/ygW_nm9if20

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

Thought I'd update this thread & show you peeps the devices available.

Left: iZettle Chip & Sign
Middle: iZettle Chip & Pin
Right: Worldpay Chip & Pin
yhe9a2az.jpg

IZettle chip & pin pairs up first time without the need of terminal id's & pass codes etc like Worldpay but once paired up, they are both just as good. Very quick payment. Payment done & dusted within 30 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

It is a fantastic product. I highly recommend it to any small business.

I even signed my plasterer up to it today. Took 5 min. Just needs to verify his bank account & he's sorted.

The chip & pin device is not assigned to an account so can be used by anyone with the app. I'm happy to lend mine out to my plasterer if he ever wants to take a card payment.

WorldPay is a bit stricter and can only be used by that merchant account

B

Bubblecraft

That's up to you Dave. I take the hit on it. If you think about it, it's £27.50 for every £1k. With a cheque, you need time away from a job to put it in the bank, parking, fuel costs & hope it doesn't bounce. I think that's worth the fee plus I've noticed my customers are getting more work done as they can put it on their credit card & pay up where you get fully paid & move on to your next job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Worldpay vs iZettle Pay & Go in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
As some of you know, I use iZettle for card payments. It has its pros & cons. Had a look at...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
T
Hi All. Ive not posted on here for ages so i thought id say a quick hello and get your opinion...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
MALE VS. FEMALE AT THE ATM A new sign in the Bank Lobby reads: 'Please note that this bank is...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB