UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss worlds greats footballer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I don't know how people debate on "Messi v Ronaldo", Messi plays with a smile on his face, Ronaldo plays with a grimace on his "oh, my so shattered shin" face. To me, truly great sportsmen have to exude the Corinthian Spirit, play the game as it should be played, shake hands with each other after a match, but above all, RESPECT THE REFEREE!!, no amount of back chat is going to change his mind, so just get on wit the game...rant over:thumbsup:

D

Daveshadowman

I don't know how people debate on "Messi v Ronaldo", Messi plays with a smile on his face, Ronaldo plays with a grimace on his "oh, my so shattered shin" face. To me, truly great sportsmen have to exude the Corinthian Spirit, play the game as it should be played, shake hands with each other after a match, but above all, RESPECT THE REFEREE!!, no amount of back chat is going to change his mind, so just get on wit the game...rant over:thumbsup:
that is one of the reasons Messi is the greatest he plays the game as it should be played

Doug Steve Gerrard is the best midfielder the premier league has ever seen he has carried Liverpool as a club for years and still continues to do it IMHO he is a lot better than keane and Veira both very good players but keane never scored that many goals or Veira, gerrard has played right back right mid centre half centre forward holding midfielder and got man of the match performances just an around better player than all of the above imho

Last edited:
A

Alan M

gerard is good b ut its easy to look good in that liverpool team. if you put him in a great club like barca or real madrid, ac,inter,man u( althow not in the last year or 2),even man city or chelsea.
he couldnt hold down a place in those teams.

as a real supporter ,ronaldo is almost great exept his attitude and diving. messi is world class
hopefully he will last another 10 years (althow out of spain hopefully) . one knock and he could go like previous ronaldo , robinho,ronaldinio, shevshenko, etc. very good one minute then a small set back or change and gone completely

D

doug boardley

Doug Steve Gerrard is the best midfielder the premier league has ever seen he has carried Liverpool as a club for years and still continues to do it IMHO he is a lot better than keane and Veira both very good players but keane never scored that many goals or Veira, gerrard has played right back right mid centre half centre forward holding midfielder and got man of the match performances just an around better player than all of the above imho
Stevie G has always had my admiration Tobins, however, and I'm sure you'll disagree with this, he's been a big fish in an under-achieving pond. he showed his mettle in Istanbul and as an Englishman and football fan I was cheering as loud as anybody when Liverpool won that game,,but in my mind he doesn't have the grit (albeit the skill) to rank him up there with keane, scholes , robson and viera.....and that's just in premier league!

Alan i was replying to doug talking about the best prem team even tho real tried to sign Gerrard 3 years ago ok he might not get in there teams now but as someone who watches him every week he's still doing it in his 30 s as his hat trick in the derby last week as a midfielder proved but to say he wouldnt get in chelseas team is laughable .Doug I would definitely agree that Liverpool have been an under achieving pond as they haven't put enough players of his quality in the team with him but I really can't agree with you he hasnt got the grit. Not only did he pull it back in Istanbul and show his grit but that fa cup final against west ham was unbelieve grit to pull that out the bag at the end of a tiring game and on lots more occasions mate:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Alan i was replying to doug talking about the best prem team even tho real tried to sign Gerrard 3 years ago ok he might not get in there teams now but as someone who watches him every week he's still doing it in his 30 s as his hat trick in the derby last week as a midfielder proved but to say he wouldnt get in chelseas team is laughable .Doug I would definitely agree that Liverpool have been an under achieving pond as they haven't put enough players of his quality in the team with him but I really can't agree with you he hasnt got the grit. Not only did he pull it back in Istanbul and show his grit but that fa cup final against west ham was unbelieve grit to pull that out the bag at the end of a tiring game and on lots more occasions mate:thumbsup:
yeah, maybe lack of "grit" was the wrong term of phrase, but all the players that I mentioned wouldn't even grace the same pitch as .....PELE!!!,,, surely the greatest footballer and ambassador for the sport ever,,, even mentioning the likes of keane, robson, gerrard, viera, (although I'd put scholes in his all star 11), slurs the great mans legacy

D

doug boardley

To be honest doug I only really see clips of the old pele and he looks brilliant but I'm only 33 so with all the football I've watched in my "era" no one even comes close to messi (sorry ronaldo if your reading) the way he plays is just pure geniuse he just strolls past people and finishes like he is on a play station game.
I know exactly what you're saying,,,my reason for the likes of Pele, Puskas etc, is that they did near enough the same, but with a far heavier "caser" ball, it was like a lead balloon kicking one one those things..

D

doug boardley

that's fair comment mate, personally I'm a football fan first and Utd fan second, can't stand it when I see all the banners about *** 1ist, wife and kids second blah blah blah, I know all the Munich/Hillsborough stuff really should just be ignored so the morons that shout it might get bored and shut the hell up, but it ain't ever gonna happen until they're found out and given a land sin die​.

Reply to worlds greats footballer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Tamworth based Instarmac Group plc are delighted to have been officially named as a ‘Great Place...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.