Guest viewing is limited

Discuss "Worldwide" Disasters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

not so Dan

ive experianced several tax cuts in my working life along with the rises

theres no such thing as trading fairly, its trading competitively that will bring a return to our industry and full employment, if the pound strengthens we are at a disadvantage on the foreign markets. the only money coming in will be from investment banking and we have experiance of how fragile that is

we can only compete by cutting costs and that means a reduction in wages, this can only be achieved with deflation and tax cuts, this is where the tories are heading, they will encourage free markets and enterprise and a poor life for those that fail to keep up

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Fair play mate.

I don't think the fact that 5% of the people in the world control 95% of the world's money will every change though. The bar height might change, but the percentage won't.

You can be a guy that gives all day long mate, but as you know even at the level a forum is at (so just information sharing), you need to get something back out of giving something.

If you give local, it comes right back. Just my view mate.

We've always been limited as a country as to what value we can give to the rest of the world as we have very limited raw materials, and our own country is over capacity, and many just not only not paying taxes, they're costing tax payers.

The only reason we give a tosh about other countries is if they have something we want.

And you and I don't get to see the benefit in that mate, we see the other side, our soldiers even die fighting for it.

I don't think you'll convince me on this one mate. Unless the day comes I'm given the chance to make the decision on what country to support next, I doubt we'll ever support our own.

I'll be buying my next garden bench from a guy down the road who makes garden benches in his work yard, who buys what he can to make his products from the UK, or the closest reasonably priced country to us. He holiday's in the UK as often as abroad, and he not long bought a website from me. I can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed real trading, right here even in Stoke, let alone in the UK generally. I get my services free on my cars, as I provide online marketing FOC to the firm. I got free driving lessons recently, get business cards FOC, for similar reasons.

Whilst I own an Apple or two, work on Microsoft computers all day long, build websites using american software, then host it on american hardware. I can honestly say I just can't get my hands on anything like this in the UK.

And it's not the fact we don't have cheap labour and we all need to be paid less. It's down to the fact we've just had nobody intelligent enough to make a company grow to a point where we can actually employ thousands of Chinese (even under-age in Apple's case - they recently got done for it).

We need to bring back the value in skill, and gain skilled people. And quit with this make the world better, we'll all be much better off. (That said, I totally agree with all the recycling, eating and even growing organic, and that sort of thing, I just mean giving money here).

Perhaps I'm wrong.

M

mikethetile

I see where your coming from Dan

I own a 50 yr old british bike which im restoring, im having trouble sourcing british made parts as most parts available are made in india which devalues the bike

I was thinking yesterday that apart from the bike everything I own is foreign made. our peugeot was made in the uk by a french company

even our food is imported

I do the same as you and have done for years, I support my local economy. its important as a local tradesman to be seen in local business's as thats the way to get your number passed around

I watched newsnight last night there was 2.5 billion wrongly paid out in benefits last year. if thats the over payment what is the total bill

ive got the taxman on my case again, they are going through everyones returns trying to claw back money, they want a further £350 I either give it to them or spend money fighting it plus pay the penalties for late payment

it sems to me that those who do the right thing suffer while the fiddlers get away with it

Reply to "Worldwide" Disasters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Home owner here based in Surrey with a new Porcelain tiled patio. I need some advice about some...
Replies
Views
Alan johnson
A
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
"Worldwide" Disasters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.