Discuss Wots yours...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Colin,

Is this a loose wire UFH?....................................................................................Yes
What floor substrate are the Insulation boards to be installed onto?...........................Screed (been down since bungalow was built....good few years ago)
Are you sure 25 bags of SLC will be enough, how thick are the wires?.........................Usually work on 3m per bag, cables are I think 3mm
Are you supplying the insulation boards & UFH, too?................................................No.
How many rooms?.............................................................................................If I remember? 5 maybe 6 ;)
blah, blah.......:lol:

One other thought.......75sqm of UFH is going to be a serious amount of wattage for a domestic consumer unit.

I am to supply labour and self levelling compound only

Guy is a Sparky for Shell/BP on rigs.............so he should know wots wot :yikes:

Last edited:
D

Daz

I've got to be honest and say that I wouldn't like to even guess at what I would charge for this.

So he has the addy too? Are you happy with what he is supplying? Enough??

5 or 6 rooms with loose wire, I reckon you possibly have at least 2 days to install backer boards and wire. 1st question that arises is are the rooms separate systems, i.e. own thermostats and probes? If not, there will be issues.

Next, without a floor layout only you can assess how long it will take to SLC (and I still think you won't have enough SLC).

You've got 2 weeks work there as my un-sighted estimate??

Enjoy,

Daz

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I've got to be honest and say that I wouldn't like to even guess at what I would charge for this.

So he has the addy too? Are you happy with what he is supplying? Enough??............................He does have the addy, and plenty of it. (I should make a few bags for later usage :))

5 or 6 rooms with loose wire, I reckon you possibly have at least 2 days to install backer boards and wire. 1st question that arises is are the rooms separate systems, i.e. own thermostats and probes? If not, there will be issues...................................................2 rooms are small en-suites. All are seperate Thermo's

Next, without a floor layout only you can assess how long it will take to SLC (and I still think you won't have enough SLC).........will get 30 and keep fingers crossed ;)

You've got 2 weeks work there as my un-sighted estimate??................I reckoned 2 weeks myself

Enjoy,

Daz

CHEERS Daz

Last edited:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Reason I am asking, is that I went to see this job last Wednesday, and he phoned me on the Thursday wanting the quote......................caught me on the hop, and I rushed the quote and gave him a verbal quote and cocked it up.
Forgot to quote for actually laying insulation and UFH cables.........Don't asked how I did that, cos I'm trying to suss that out myself.

Anyway, I had a letter from him today wanting me to confirm my (cocked up) quote. He was obviously savvy to my **** up and maybe he was trying to tie me down to it..................so now I have to phone him tomorrow and send him a revised quote and wait and see.

Just proves the point....

"Don't rush your quotes and defo don't put it in writing until YOU are happy with it"

D

Dave Ramsden

Every UFH kit Ive fit recently states one stat runs upto 23m sq so you would be looking at separating areas and install with there own stat.

Laying loose wiring will be a nightmare but if you are woking in confined areas it may be beneficial, I would be so so carefull when walking around and moving items about intill everything is self-levelled and covered.

3m per bag of leveller might be a bit optomistic, Id allow another 5-8 bags to be sure (especially if the floor is uneven already)

Reply to Wots yours...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
hi all i having my bathroom flooring installed with 18mm ply over the entire floor joists then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

CJ

Arms
TF
Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Wots yours......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.