Discuss Would you guys remove these. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good afternoon. Went to look at a kitchen floor yesterday and these were stuck to the floor. The kitchen is being re done and the customer has removed existing tiles from the floor to reveal these things which are firmly stuck to the concrete floor. Some of the edges have been broken off and it appears they have been stuck down with bitchemun.
I probably know the answer to this questions but would you remove these before re tiling. The new tiles going down are 600x600 porcelain tiles.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 79

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Cheers for the replies. I've just read that thread and it has some good info. My main worry having never removed these tiles is the presence of asbestos. Is it a case of getting a licenced person in to remove them..

Officially, yes. If ever you think there may be asbestos present, you should report it, and get it tested, then removed. A very time consuming, and expensive process, that isn't really practical in the real world.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Would you guys remove these. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB