UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss you couldnt make it up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

:mad2: im having a rant at peoples stupidity

on the way to work this morning i was sitting in traffic and a passerby said theres something coming out of your engine mate

looked underneath and there was a small hole in the bottom hose of the rad and a fine jet of water coming out

i thanked the geezer and asked where the nearest car spare shop was

he sent me to halfords who funnily enough didnt have one but could get me one tommorrow, i declined and they offered me an emergancy bandage which i accepted..........so far so good

went to pay..............meantime the vans in the car park sitting in a puddle of coolant

stood behind a bloke arguing abut a sponge and couldnt help listening , and laughing and listening some more and laughing with the queue behind who couldnt beliive it either..........it went on and on and on

bloke had a bag of sponges and chamois

you got a free sponge with every two chamois

he had three chamois and two sponges

he got one sponge free and paid for the other one

its all on the reciept

everyone agreed...........er no

"wheres my other sponge, i should have 3, i have 3 chamois and 2 sponges, i want 3 sponges"

but you only paid for one

"yes i paid for one and i didnt get it, i only got the 2"

this went on and on and on

the penny dropped that i was losing water and needed to get on so i interrupted and asked how much the sponges were

" they were free when you bought two chamois "

i dont want two chamois i just want a sponge for this geezer so we can all get on with our lives

£1.80 or there abouts i cant remember from laughing so much

right stick it on my bill and give him a sponge

he didnt want a sponge off of me he wanted the sponge he paid for and didnt getso refused my offer of a sponge as he didnt see why halfords should get paid twice for the same sponge

i was gob smacked

the assistant got the manager who opened the next till and served us

emergancy repair bandage didnt work as it wont stick in the wet but it slowed the leak down and i limped home via every petrol station for atop up

ordered a bottom hose for a transit , can collect after 3.30

not much i can do about that and ive lost a days work and im still trying to get my head round this sponge thing

stupid thing is ...........ive got decent sponges in the van he could have had one of the new ones

rant over :mad2:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I thought you were going to get all mathematical on us, you did:yikes:

If a train sets out at 3.30p.m. and travels at 60 miles per hour up a hill followed by another train which leaves the same station at 4:30 and travels at 90miles per hour how many sponges can you buy for the price of three chamois at Halfords...... LOL:smilewinkgrin:

M

mikethetile

If a train sets out at 3.30p.m. and travels at 60 miles per hour up a hill followed by another train which leaves the same station at 4:30 and travels at 90miles per hour how many sponges can you buy for the price of three chamois at Halfords...... LOL:smilewinkgrin:

:lol::lol::lol:

im still laughing about it

antime anyone mentions sponge ill crack up

whats not funny though is waiting all day for a hose only to be given the wrong one

got the right one this morning ...............jubilee clips too small, i had to cut the old ones off as they were knackered and wouldnt undo

got the right size and im going to fit the new hose anytime now

shes got the car at work so im having to walk about to get this gear

this split hose has cost me well over 200 sobs

would have been cheaper just to run it into a garage

hopefully ill be back at work this afternoon

ps if it you get 2 sponges with 3 chamois at halfords..........how many men does it take to dig a hole

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to you couldnt make it up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.