Discuss You won't belive this!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

Another day in the life of me.

Been tiling a kitchen floor this week 22 m2.

The family that i've been working for are really nice but won't keep out of the bloody kitchen!!

Today i told the woman 3 times which tiles were still wet, but she still plodded all over them.

Well today they had their mum round for the day.

She's about 106 years old.

Anyway i was just clearing up at about 4 getting ready to grout.

The woman comes in and ask's if she can just make some soup up on the hob and take the saucepan with it in into the front room so they can have it for dinner later.

I told her it was okay (through gritted teeth) ,and she started.

When she finished she took the suace pan off and told me she was popping out to fetch her son and would be back soon.

I carried on clearing up, and put all the empty tile boxes n the kitchen work top whilst i swept the floor.

I then took all me tools out to the van and began to load the van up.

About 3 minutes later i heard a beeping ...thought nothing of it.

another 2 minutes and it was still beeping so i thought i'f better go check what it was.

As i started to walk down the side of the ouse i could smell burning.

I ran round to the kitchen and nearly shat meself to see the whole bloody kicthen work top ablaze!!!!

I ran in through the smoke and saw the tile boxes where n fire.

I grabbed them and tried to throw them out the back door, but caught me leg hairs alight in the proccess!!

Managed to et them outside turned around and saw the units were all still obn fire!!!!!!

I grabbed a wet sponge and tried to pat the fire out but it was havin none of it so i threw a bucket of water over it which worked.

I was standing there with a singed leg, in thick smoke with the work tops burnt to a crisp when the granny comes in.." Is everything okay??""

She didnt even know wot was going on, and she was in the next room wiv the door open!!

Anyway customer came home and we found she had left the gas hob on.

Then i had put the boxes next to it not realiseing it was 0n and poof!!

She was really good about it and admited it was down to her which was handy.

Tell ya i never shat myself that much though ever!!!

T

theyomper

Blimey and I thought my end of day was bad enough! Just tiled kitchen and conservatory and cleaned up....thought I would save sparky a job (UFH) so decided to mount the back boxes for him. Drilled staright through a hidden radiator pipe in the wall. So new feature in the conservatory.....a waterfeature in the wall. Conservatory transformed in minutes into a swimming pool!!! Rushed around and found the stop ****.....old house and that was hidden away. Once I stopped the water I sat back and smiled as I was thinking, Thats one way to clean the floor! So had to chase the wall out and repair the pipe, bleed all 12 radiators. The customer came back home and fortunatley just laughed. So much for an early Friday finish.

Reply to You won't belive this!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
You won't belive this!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.