Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Your never to old to learn in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Gateshead NE8, UK
Ha Ha come back 6 inch whites, my fingers used to bleed at the speed we chucked them up lol. Now a days we can take our time and still earn a living
I don't know about taken my time Simon, i thought things were
ment to get easier as we got older. This week i have fixed 170 sq m
of 600 x 600's on a floor. 20 sq m of 200x200 on the walls 5 sq m 800x400
on floor, oh and i screeded 200sq m

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Maidstone
Along time ago this was the spec from Bal any comments
Tiling onto wood is easier than you think

One question I’m always asked if whether you can tile onto timber floors. Well the simple answer is yes, provided they are capable of carrying the additional loads and are sufficiently rigid and stable.

If you don’t feel the that floor is strong enough, you can always fit extra noggins between the joists, or overboard with exterior grade or marine grade plywood (minimum 15mm thick), screwed down at 300mm centres ensuring screw heads are flush with the surface. Remember to seal the reserve side and edges with neat BAL Bond SBR before tiling as this reduces water permeability.

If the floor needs to be “made good”, i.e. levelled then it may be possible to use a levelling compound such BAL Level Max, which is suitable over timber at only 3mm, you must first prime the surface of the timber with two coats of neat BAL Prime APD, allow to dry between coats and best practice to apply 90° to the first coat

When tiling onto plywood overlaid timber then we recommend using a flexible adhesive such as BAL Rapidset Flexible Fibre or Max Flex Fibre for example for speed on the job or when fixing larger format ceramics/stone, BAL Stone & Tile PTB would be the ideal product

Sealing the back and sides not the front !!! How things have changed

Reply to Your never to old to learn in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi am Vinny, i am new to this forum and looking for advice on some old tiles that need replacing
Replies
Views
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond