Search the forum,

Discuss Your tips on absolutely everything in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
My top tip deals with rounded off screw heads.
I've had it happen far too often where a 2min job of taking a door off has taken me half an hour 'cos the screws are overpainted and/or rounded off.
Keep a wide elastic band in your tool box and place that over the screw head and press your bit into that - works a treat every time.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I've had it happen far too often where a 2min job of taking a door off has taken me half an hour 'cos the screws are overpainted and/or rounded off.
Keep a wide elastic band in your tool box and place that over the screw head and press your bit into that - works a treat every time.
Really? That is the last thing I would try next to using an ice cream scoop or something. Is this Pozidrive screws?

O

One Day

Or look like one

g6pa0.jpg

O

On one

To undo any screw,be it Pozi,Phillips or slotted,slightly tighten it first before unscrewing.
Seems crazy,but it works.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Uk
To undo any screw,be it Pozi,Phillips or slotted,slightly tighten it first before unscrewing.
Seems crazy,but it works.

Wish I knew this a week ago!

Reply to Your tips on absolutely everything in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement