UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Zipper Door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

When I work in a bathroom I often hang (nail) a dust sheet to the door architrave to 1) stop the dust going out the room and 2) to protect the inside of the door from damage.
Well today I was given a Zipper Door which is essentially a clear plastic sheet with a tent like zip opening which is masking tape held to the wall or frame.
I must have expressed enthusiasm of the highest order for after speaking to the Genesis representatives they provided me with a test package which I was truly appreciated with.
Had the 'Hog Roast' and lemonade not been via the courtesy of CTD Newcastle trade afternoon I would have bought them a cup of coffee!
I haven't a clue how much it will cost (as price for such innovation is irrelevant) but to show care for a clients property must be brownie points for a satisfied customer.
Now all that remains is for a link up with a masking tape supplier:smilewinkgrin:

T

Time's Ran Out

Got about 8 jobs out of it and well into my 2nd Zipper Door now!
First couple of jobs I used gaffa tape and it stuck to both surfaces too well, now just use masking tape. The response from customers and project managers is very positive and now I've started to fit it the right way up it's much easier to get through!
It does however have a lifespan as the stitching to the zip will split after more than a few uses and although still usable, needs replacing to maintain a professional look.
Great when using an angle grinder or working in an En Suite and always worth having in the van along with other dust sheets and covers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Zipper Door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

H
hi im sorry if im posting this but i need some advice as every source i read on the internet...
Replies
Views
I
....I have a job in a house that has just had a very nice wooden floor laid, I normally use dust...
Replies
Views
ian158
I
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views
D
Brace yourself for the biggest dollop of old WAFFLE in your life. As the saying goes "If it...
Replies
Views
A
Had a bathroom with walls in bad condition and totally out of alignment.Decided with the...
Replies
Views
Dean G
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.