Search the forum,

Discuss Boss threw me in the deepend today !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul C

Evening guys,

I'll keep it short and sweet, the boss today went out to deal with some ''business' and told me that I was to crack on with the tiling unaided on our current job. I've cut and fixed before but always with the boss keeping a close eye on things.

Bit of background about me............. I've only been tiling 2 months having changed careers from a desk job. I'm now working for a friend who is a fitter for Porcelanosa as his monkey boy :lol:

Anyway, he said he wasn't fussed if it took me all day to do one wall just as long as the quality was right, as if it wasn't, they WOULD be coming off, addy set or not and they were also special order tiles with a long lead time............... so no pressure :lol:

Without the boss overseeing my every move, 3 hours later one wall was indeed complete and upon his return he was very pleased with the result and nothing had to be tweaked or removed :thumbsup:

Tiles were 1000mm format ''Aluminio Satin's'' (I think).

Nothing to scream from the rooftops about but I'm pleased with the steady progression to be hanging 1m large formats unaided 8 weeks into my tiling career.

Few pics below;

Setup ready to go
Purley1.jpg

Stock of tiles
Purley2.jpg

Battened off
Purley3.jpg

End result
Purley5.jpg

Purley4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

well done mate I've fixed exactly the same tiles before, what colour are you grouting them? I used grey and they looked very "urban":thumbsup:

D

david campbell

good stuff mate!
it all helps with the confidence:thumbsup: look forwrd to the next lot of pics

D

DHTiling

Well done and thanks for the pics.. maybe a few more of it complete would be nice..

Reaction score
Very well done mate! I certainly wouldn't want to be tackling 1000mm tiles only 8 weeks into starting but sometimes it's good to be put in the deep end and it shows your boss as alot of faith in you coz those tiles won't be cheap! Keep up the good work and good luck wth your new career :thumbsup:

Reply to Boss threw me in the deepend today !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen