Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning/restoring Minton victorian tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ANewKillerStar

Hello all,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. The house I recently bought has some wonderful multi-coloured minton floor tiles along the downstairs hallway, but given their age they are looking grubby and tired. I'm a novice DIYer but eager to learn how to revive these great tiles to something close to their former glory and I'm hoping that some of you guys could help by letting me know exactly what I need to do, and what products are best to use. Ideally I'd like to give it a deep clean and then seal it so it has a nice satin finish but I just don't know the process to achieving this.

Any advice is appreciated and if you need any more info I'll provide it quickly!

Thanks,
Rob.

A

ANewKillerStar

Just having a look at the Aqua Mix website now.

I'm intrigued to hear from this John you mention!

E

enduro

Aquamix is the word you need.
That is the right word...Aqua mix Sealer & coating Remover mix with a bit of nanoscrub, and seal with either Aquamix High gloss sealer or seal & finish low sheen, all depends what look you are after. :thumbsup:

F

frankenfurter

Just returned from an onsite survey where someone has used Lithofin stain-away to remove old varnish. Well by following the instructions, things went drastically wrong. The couple now have a huge Victorian hall full of unique encaustic tiles with bleached on brush strokes; ruined!!

A shame no matter how you look at it, but when you think the encaustic tile designs where actually reproduced from the original owners sketches, even more upsetting.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
give these guys a ring - they might be able to take lots of the elbow grease out of the cleaning

Reply to Cleaning/restoring Minton victorian tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen