Search the forum,

Discuss Day rate was created for jobs like this! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

Trying to get this horrible old carpet up from around a pool. So far I've done 2 metres in 2 hours :-(
Such a boring job and it's stuck like poo to a blanket!
Who makes a tile-carpet adhesive?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389693265.927982.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389693274.478276.jpg

S

stusgsx

Fire did cross my mind at one point!
Ive found the best way is to divide it up in to strips using my breaker (yes the stupidly big overkill one that is taller than me nearly) and then get the carpet stripper and just ram the crap out of the strips of carpet and they come up slowly. I've done around 70% of it now so the worst is done. Got home nice and dusty had to have a shower and now going to sink a couple of beers!

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
looks nasty mate, I've had this with vinyl fixed with acrylic adhesive before, I hired a breaker as tall as me from Speedy hire which the nuts holding the blade kept coming loose, made me swear a lot, then eventually they all sheared off, so I then had to wait half a day for another one which lasted 30 mins and did exactly the same, so, I went to screwfix and bought some m10 25mm long nuts and bolts, put those on with extra nuts to lock the others, and job done, hard work though. When I took it back I told them what they needed to do :lol:

Reply to Day rate was created for jobs like this! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays