Search the forum,

Discuss Desperate for information re: pesticide impregnated terra cotta floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

My Mexican terra cotta floor about forty years old and sealed in only a few small areas, was sprayed with FICHA TÉCNICA TERMIDEL 48 CE : clorpirifos (originally Dow) manufactured by Delta by a very unprofessional exterminator. The product, banned in the US for over twenty years, has an odor that endures for decades. The floor needs to be sealed to lock in the odor of the spray. Someone suggested linseed oil, but I can't imagine that would be strong enough. I prefer to use the least chemical compound possible because the house is currently unliveable. Any advice? I live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and many things are not available. Thanks. Wendy

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gateshead NE8, UK
My Mexican terra cotta floor about forty years old and sealed in only a few small areas, was sprayed with FICHA TÉCNICA TERMIDEL 48 CE : clorpirifos (originally Dow) manufactured by Delta by a very unprofessional exterminator. The product, banned in the US for over twenty years, has an odor that endures for decades. The floor needs to be sealed to lock in the odor of the spray. Someone suggested linseed oil, but I can't imagine that would be strong enough. I prefer to use the least chemical compound possible because the house is currently unliveable. Any advice? I live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and many things are not available. Thanks. Wendy
Give the linseed oil a try, use it in a cupboard or small confined area. That way you should be able to tell if it is working.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for posting here. I holidayed in Mexico. Beautiful country. Want to go back there when I have the time. Have a taxi friend there now. He always speaks on WhatsApp.

Reply to Desperate for information re: pesticide impregnated terra cotta floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays