Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a decoupling mat over self leveling? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all, any help would be greatly appreciated. The kitchen floor I'm tiling (with 600x300 porc) is concrete, it does need levelling and was planning on using mapei. Once I've self levelled would I still need a de coupling membrane on top? I couldn't see any cracks, but there may well be some.

thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi all, any help would be greatly appreciated. The kitchen floor I'm tiling (with 600x300 porc) is concrete, it does need levelling and was planning on using mapei. Once I've self levelled would I still need a de coupling membrane on top? I couldn't see any cracks, but there may well be some.

thanks
If there’s no major cracks then No.

Reply to Do I need a decoupling mat over self leveling? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen