Search the forum,

Discuss Grey grout, matt white subway tiles...Staining? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I've completed some matt white subway tiling in my bathroom and have started to do some of the grouting.

I've done one area of about 1sqm using Ardex FS grout in Ocean Grey colour. I'm unsure as to whether I should have sealed the matt subway tiles prior to using this grout.

The grouting doesn't appear to have caused any staining apart from small areas on a couple of tiles where there is some very faint grey stain. I don't know why it has only occurred in these couple of places as I grouted and cleaned the whole area in the same fashion.

I don't want to carry on unless I can prevent this happening worse in other areas.

Should I use some sort of sealer on the tiles before grouting any further?

Does the sealer affect the final sheen of matt white subway tiles?

Can I remove the small area of mild staining as I'm a bit of a perfectionist? I have some HG Limex somewhere if that's of any use.

Thanks for any help

F

Flintstone

254.jpg

:D

Reply to Grey grout, matt white subway tiles...Staining? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen