Search the forum,

Discuss Grout too pale... Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi everyone,

Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a grout far paler than originally suggested. Was going to be dark grey. The one they've used matches the tiles really well, so looks great, but as this is a high traffic area, I'm really worried about grout discoloration happening quite quickly. Should we regrout (a huge job I imagine!), or are there any other measures we can take? Sealing?

Thank you 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_134541.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 37

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Hi everyone,

Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a grout far paler than originally suggested. Was going to be dark grey. The one they've used matches the tiles really well, so looks great, but as this is a high traffic area, I'm really worried about grout discoloration happening quite quickly. Should we regrout (a huge job I imagine!), or are there any other measures we can take? Sealing?

Thank you 🙂
Seal it every six months or 12 months or you can stain the grout to a darker color. It is doable. Good luck!

Reply to Grout too pale... Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.