Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline crack in grout!! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

I don't know if I'm been a little over the top here but I have a very small haircrack within my grout which is located on the wall in Bath/shower area!! See picture!
20200719_114608.jpg

The Area was only tiled/grouted about 2 months ago. The substrate is tanked plasterboard. They used powered adhesive (don't know what brand) as well as mapei ultracolor plus for the grout.

My question is am I being too over the top or does the issue need attention??

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't know if I'm been a little over the top here but I have a very small haircrack within my grout which is located on the wall in Bath/shower area!! See picture!
View attachment 113012

The Area was only tiled/grouted about 2 months ago. The substrate is tanked plasterboard. They used powder adhesive (don't know what brand) as well as mapei ultracolor plus for the grout.

My question is am I being too over the top or does the issue need attention??

Many Thanks.
Have you got a picture from further away? It looks from that photo as if the grout is sitting higher than the tiles?!
Here's a picture slightly further back with a different angle if that will help.
20200714_172002.jpg

The tile meets the bath so its siliconed at the bottom of the picture.

Reply to Hairline crack in grout!! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Mapei Academy Mapei UK Free Tiling Courses Practical or Online The ceramic course covers the following points: Substrate Preparation do’s and don’ts The Importance of Priming and Levelling...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays